Subject: "It was a little nostalgic fun" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137103
Show all folders

lasentiaTue 30-Jul-19 11:26 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137119, "It was a little nostalgic fun"

Has been at least a few years since I played CF, saw Emnon's char challenge and thought it might be fun to give CF another try. Asked for a minor role type char, and Flep was born.

The char was certainly outside my comfort zone, and I'm sure it showed. I would never choose a thief to play, I would never choose mystic as a path if I did, I certainly would not follow a god of loss as a thief of all things or try to be an Entropist as a thief. And so, the char conceptually was extremely difficult for me to get into, since when I last played CF it was all helpful bards. Throw in Flep was supposed to have severe trust issues and I decided I would basically be solo ranking.

Outside of Sel helping at the end, and a few very short sessions, it was all solo with a giant merc. Which meant every fight was nothing but kick spam or o merc rescue and circle. It was very slow and tedious, I could kill maybe two mobs before having to rest. Choosing pickpocket to get acrobatics so he would be highly survivable was a mistake, since I had no intention of ever stealing from another player, so the entire path was pretty much a waste in the end.

Mystic was terrible all around. Failing to recite scrolls when perfected is just annoying, and I have very low interest in playing a char whose real focus relies on having a bunch of scrolls in inventory to be at all effective. And most all of the mystic path is pretty lackluster from what I could tell, granted I did not try a lot of it, but it seems like scrolls and arcane lore are all any char would ever want from the path for the required points, and honestly, I question whether they are genuinely worth it. I guess haste and aura scrolls are nice, but nowhere near common enough to be efficient.

Overall, the challenge was fun, but I think it is mostly over now, and Flep really did not have much of a purpose than to annoy Sel and Cexonza anymore. Since I will be away for two weeks with no ability to play, it seemed like a good time to hang it up.

I probably won't roll another char unless there is another thing like this in a few years, as the RP environment was pretty solid and most of the players seemed to be enjoying being part of that story from what I saw.

Thanks everyone.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [None] Flep Flinteye the Lurker [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 27-Jul-19 08:36 PM
Reply It was a little nostalgic fun, lasentia, 30-Jul-19 11:26 AM #2
Reply RE: It was a little nostalgic fun, JohnEveryMan, 01-Aug-19 07:20 AM, #3
Reply Thanks for participating., Emnon, 10-Aug-19 12:53 PM, #4
     Reply Thanks for doing it, lasentia, 12-Aug-19 07:16 AM, #5
Reply Well that is disappointing, Sel Drevas (Anonymous), 27-Jul-19 09:17 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137103 Previous topic | Next topic