Subject: "Thanks!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136153
Show all folders

IshuliWed 06-Feb-19 10:20 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136176, "Thanks!"

Thanks for the feedback.

Given I'm not much into talking about active chars, I'll at least tell you my general view.

As in most cabals, if someone makes a mistake, a one-off, or whatever it may be depending on the severity - there is typically some form of internal nudging in the right direction. A Fort guy kills a goodie? He doesn't get immediate induct none, typically gets a talking to or whatever else. A battlerager fights a non-enemy due to some scuffling but doesn't have a history of it? He gets chastised and told to act right. In my entire experience of playing CF, I've rarely ever seen a toss for a first error kinda thing. That's part of what biases how I think about it.

Should it be so that those above given examples get immediate uninducts or something like that? You could argue it, but that's definitely not my view in general, and I'm clearly not partial to it outside of exceptional negative circumstances.

As to Vindicator, keep in mind it's not a leadership position. It doesn't have leader con or anything like that. It doesn't even have decision-making authority outside of very specific circumstances and situations. So in this situation, nobody had a leader position to lose. Vindicator/Justiciar are closer to third-branch / alternate paths somewhat separate from Magistrate to Provincial to Provost.

Anyway, I hope that gives you some context generally about how I view things, and why I would handle things the way I do. All the same I appreciate the feedback, and I promise that no situation like that is a simple glance and just whimsically tossed internal punishment. It normally results in a hefty look, discussion, and so on.

Sorry I “wasted my time” by responding to you (I don’t get why you said that), and I hope this doesn’t turn you off more, but instead that it gives you some extra context for how things might be decided.

Good job with Ihjezhed, I generally liked what I saw from him. If you felt a bit bored due to lack of enemies, like someone else said… Roll up a mage. Heck, do an evil mage, then just hang around Battle and Fort and you should barely have room to breathe. Sometimes general shifts in cabals, etc. result in a surplus/lack of enemies. So just switch to the underdog!

-Ish

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battlefie... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 06-Feb-19 10:30 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Ihjezhed (Anonymous), 19-Feb-19 08:46 PM, #28
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Ishuli, 19-Feb-19 08:57 PM, #29
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Ihjezhed (Anonymous), 06-Feb-19 08:45 PM, #7
Reply Fights, Guaryaten (Anonymous), 06-Feb-19 09:51 PM, #5
Reply Thanks!, Ishuli, 06-Feb-19 10:20 PM #6
Reply News to me, SPN, 07-Feb-19 09:05 AM, #10
     Reply RE: News to me, Ishuli, 07-Feb-19 10:04 AM, #12
          Reply Fine, but that means we have to beat the horse again......, IrishMidnight, 07-Feb-19 12:45 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Ergush, 07-Feb-19 07:01 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Aylosi, 07-Feb-19 07:08 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., JohnEveryMan, 07-Feb-19 09:07 AM, #11
Reply Disagreement , IrishMidnight, 07-Feb-19 12:57 PM, #14
     Reply Power loss for a week is a good one., robdarken_, 07-Feb-19 01:12 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Power loss for a week is a good one., JohnEveryMan, 07-Feb-19 02:29 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Power loss for a week is a good one., Ihjezhed (Anonymous), 07-Feb-19 09:20 PM, #19
          Reply Man you were such a cool character..., Lhydia, 08-Feb-19 06:45 AM, #21
          Reply Take your own advice., JohnEveryMan, 08-Feb-19 09:10 AM, #22
               Reply Uh, no., Ihjezhed (Anonymous), 08-Feb-19 10:53 PM, #24
     Reply I think it's relevant as a comparison of collateral dam..., JohnEveryMan, 07-Feb-19 02:23 PM, #16
          Reply RE: I think it's relevant as a comparison of collateral..., IrishMidnight, 07-Feb-19 09:07 PM, #18
               Reply If it does that sounds fair. nt, JohnEveryMan, 08-Feb-19 09:16 AM, #23
Reply I don't know how this managed to happen, Marla (Anonymous), 08-Feb-19 03:35 AM, #20
Reply RE: I don't know how this managed to happen, Ihjezhed (Anonymous), 08-Feb-19 10:56 PM, #25
Reply What about a funny note exchange of you luring some mag..., Kstatida, 11-Feb-19 10:10 AM, #26
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Bellin (Anonymous), 05-Feb-19 01:48 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Ergush, 05-Feb-19 11:48 AM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Rastensol (Anonymous), 05-Feb-19 10:24 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., Jhyrbian, 05-Feb-19 09:38 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ihjezhed the Legend of the Battl..., YourRealDad (Anonymous), 11-Feb-19 04:43 PM, #27
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136153 Previous topic | Next topic