Subject: "I think you're just being argumentative here." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135735
Show all folders

JavaTue 04-Dec-18 03:21 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#135758, "I think you're just being argumentative here."

Your definition of Entropy might be correct. But there's a couple of problems with it.

First, it doesn't really match what's in the Entropy helpfile. In fact, the helpfile only briefly talks about magic at all. Second, you only told me about vague activities of the cabal (which, incidentally, aren't activities you can do to a large extent in-game), and you neglected to mention the specific goals or actions of the cabal. So, what are they?

You made a couple of silly arguments about Empire, Trib and Scarab. We both know that they were meaningless, but if you really need someone to describe how those cabals are dramatically different from each other in beliefs, goals and activities, I suppose I can do that.

But in the mean time, can you tell me how and why Entropy is going to destroy civilization, and how that's different from how and why Outlander is going to destroy civilization? Because that is literally the first sentence of both of their helpfiles. The placement as the lead-in of the helpfile, and the fact that that is quite literally the only specifically stated goal tells me that is their true focus (rather than assertion that the focus is on research or intellectual freedom).

There are at least two more instances where that helpfile specifically talks about aggressively fighting against society. There are zero where it talks about passively researching magic in a lab somewhere.

You claim that Entropists don't care about rules, just that you do magic. Except they've made specific rules about what magic is allowed, and what magic isn't. So they DO care about rules when it comes to magic, that's really inarguable. And that's perfectly fine, and all.. but then you can no longer claim that their goal is purely unhindered magic. There is literally nothing in the helpfile that states that as a fact, and there IS something in the helpfile that states otherwise.

PS. We're having a discussion about the cabal, not about your own personal beliefs (I hope). I recommend that you stop saying "we". We're not IC on these forums.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(RAGE DELETE) [ENTROPY] Ikno the High Sorceress of the ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 03-Dec-18 06:28 PM
Reply PSA: Current and future Entropy chars., Daphedee, 03-Dec-18 07:06 PM, #1
     Reply RE: PSA: Current and future Entropy chars., Rahsael, 03-Dec-18 11:02 PM, #2
     Reply I always wanted to try an Entropist, but never really k..., k-b, 03-Dec-18 11:43 PM, #3
     Reply Some Entropic role prompts, Reeking_Revolutionary_ (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 01:32 AM, #5
          Reply How to Entropy, Rahsael, 04-Dec-18 02:37 AM, #6
               Reply RE: How to Entropy, saam (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 05:04 AM, #8
               Reply RE: How to Entropy, Patrisaurus, 04-Dec-18 11:09 AM, #12
               Reply Thank you. I think this does help. nt, k-b, 04-Dec-18 11:57 AM, #14
               Reply I don't see it., Java, 04-Dec-18 01:47 PM, #17
                    Reply RE: I don't see it., _Reeking_Revolutionary_ (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 02:50 PM, #20
                         Reply Let's move this to Gameplay..., Rahsael, 04-Dec-18 03:01 PM, #21
                         Reply I think you're just being argumentative here., Java, 04-Dec-18 03:21 PM #23
     Reply Couple things on that , TJHuron, 04-Dec-18 12:58 AM, #4
     Reply Yeah but, Daphedee, 04-Dec-18 07:39 AM, #9
          Reply RE: Pico, Jormyr, 04-Dec-18 02:46 PM, #19
     Reply RE: PSA: Current and future Entropy chars., galkabear, 04-Dec-18 04:54 AM, #7
          Reply I feel like you're trying to make a point, but I have n..., SPN, 04-Dec-18 10:50 AM, #11
               Reply RE: I feel like you're trying to make a point, but I ha..., saam (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 01:56 PM, #18
     Reply RE: PSA: Current and future Entropy chars., Thaedan (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 08:40 AM, #10
          Reply Joker from Batman, k-b, 04-Dec-18 11:56 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Joker from Batman, Thaedan (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 12:31 PM, #15
               Reply RE: Joker from Batman, Patrisaurus, 04-Dec-18 01:31 PM, #16
          Reply Chaotic people, xyfa, 04-Dec-18 03:02 PM, #22
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135735 Previous topic | Next topic