Subject: "RE: PSA: Current and future Entropy chars." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135735
Show all folders

galkabearTue 04-Dec-18 04:54 AM
Member since 03rd Jan 2014
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135742, "RE: PSA: Current and future Entropy chars."

The wars of order and chaos existed historically during the second age, back when the lords of order and chaos had their creations fight over who would be the victor in their war that existed since the beginning of time. Thera was created to be their battleground as mortals came to know it, with all mortals then being their creation. Time went on, the creation of the anti magic army or manavoid depending on historical documents, great betrayal, dominance over armies of chaos till villagers were killing armies of order also. Now after the third faction taking part, comes the eventual seven day inquisition, with gods of each people falling from the skies, most of thera completely wiped out population wise with extinction being at hand. Then sounded the horn, all fighting ceased. In the aftermath knights were created from villagers and the magi, believing not all magic was bad and control needed put on them, predecessors of maran. Sylvan created, largely to protect and preserve life after the near destruction of the world as it were. I do not recall entropy being made at this time, but some time during the third age with its own story. The empire came to our shores from another continent bringing the bloodoath also later. Scions came later, the religion of the scarab came later, but each with its own established place in history.

In this though there are two that do not fit with thera as it stands today or its history. One is the outlanders. Never in history were the ancients ever in existance. We were always there just noone knew about us never worked with ancient beings of great strength that dominated as the fittest, that would have been known. The other is the current entropy cabal. Despite the issues with it bearing the exact name with a concept and ideology different than what it has today, it comes with a story and way that already existed, from a war that ended, with a god that historically left this world. The lord of order supposedly sleeps in the (insert secret place here). Armies of order can be found in thar acacia led by vakrin with his quest. There is also the consortium which is combined magics of order and chaos, but not entropic or only of chaos with its promotion. There is no place in thera with any background, no second commings, no risings of chaos, except for this place.
This place that already lost the war for all purposes.

Rahsiel you once explained that you would rather have the cabal in and work on it to get everything in order than to have the cabal in later in the game during its development. While I agree, it has been over a year and a half with characters like.. the fahrt, anti paladin and his talking violins. That the only notable character I can think of.
There are beings that are helpful to the ones researching within the tower, one a being of fire magic I think it was? Lady. Anyway about 20% of the cabal gets to see anything of this sort. So a fraction of the people that play this game, of the people that are willing to try to be in this cabal understand a small bit. But as one that has met her and has gained a cabal skill I can honestly tell you while the character existed (after being inducted not long after I ate my face that had been talking to me) I do not understand where the cabal is going. All this time later, I do not know where the cabal is going.

I can understand why they war against the village, but seeking chaos magic is not something that would cause them to be in a war against the spire, or empire with them not being a war cabal. (Empire though etc etc, fighting back is a different story). Why are they, including the elves, not fighting against the maran because that, more than the spire, would seek to hinder the progress and study of magic because they seek to control what can be learned and what is not. Why do they not war?

I dont understand your cabal. As a player I dont get it. It has not been made to fit with now. It has not been made as a thing of its own cabal, but as a shadow of a cabal for it.

As a player, what can I do with this?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(RAGE DELETE) [ENTROPY] Ikno the High Sorceress of the ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 03-Dec-18 06:28 PM
Reply PSA: Current and future Entropy chars., Daphedee, 03-Dec-18 07:06 PM, #1
     Reply RE: PSA: Current and future Entropy chars., Rahsael, 03-Dec-18 11:02 PM, #2
     Reply I always wanted to try an Entropist, but never really k..., k-b, 03-Dec-18 11:43 PM, #3
     Reply Some Entropic role prompts, Reeking_Revolutionary_ (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 01:32 AM, #5
          Reply How to Entropy, Rahsael, 04-Dec-18 02:37 AM, #6
               Reply RE: How to Entropy, saam (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 05:04 AM, #8
               Reply RE: How to Entropy, Patrisaurus, 04-Dec-18 11:09 AM, #12
               Reply Thank you. I think this does help. nt, k-b, 04-Dec-18 11:57 AM, #14
               Reply I don't see it., Java, 04-Dec-18 01:47 PM, #17
                    Reply RE: I don't see it., _Reeking_Revolutionary_ (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 02:50 PM, #20
                         Reply Let's move this to Gameplay..., Rahsael, 04-Dec-18 03:01 PM, #21
                         Reply I think you're just being argumentative here., Java, 04-Dec-18 03:21 PM, #23
     Reply Couple things on that , TJHuron, 04-Dec-18 12:58 AM, #4
     Reply Yeah but, Daphedee, 04-Dec-18 07:39 AM, #9
          Reply RE: Pico, Jormyr, 04-Dec-18 02:46 PM, #19
     Reply RE: PSA: Current and future Entropy chars., galkabear, 04-Dec-18 04:54 AM #7
          Reply I feel like you're trying to make a point, but I have n..., SPN, 04-Dec-18 10:50 AM, #11
               Reply RE: I feel like you're trying to make a point, but I ha..., saam (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 01:56 PM, #18
     Reply RE: PSA: Current and future Entropy chars., Thaedan (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 08:40 AM, #10
          Reply Joker from Batman, k-b, 04-Dec-18 11:56 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Joker from Batman, Thaedan (Anonymous), 04-Dec-18 12:31 PM, #15
               Reply RE: Joker from Batman, Patrisaurus, 04-Dec-18 01:31 PM, #16
          Reply Chaotic people, xyfa, 04-Dec-18 03:02 PM, #22
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135735 Previous topic | Next topic