Subject: "Anathema" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135145
Show all folders

IshuliThu 20-Sep-18 01:21 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2143 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135154, "Anathema"

To echo some of the other thoughts, but with my own personal touch, I wouldn’t want to see mortals lose anathema unless we’re entirely re-working Empire to: 1) weaken all the powers, 2) make it imm-induction only based on more elite performance, 3) reduce the maximum number of players allowed in it.

That isn’t to say I want those things either, but that’s the sort of stuff I would want traded off if the easy-out of Empire is removed. It’s a cabal you can easily get into, and potentially easily get some pretty sick powers. That has a trade off. Kstatida called it the ‘sword of damocles’, which I like both for the reference and because it conveys the feeling you should have in the Empire. You should be in fear that someone will just kick you out willy-nilly, it’s central to the cabal RP.

As Rahsael said as well, anathema isn’t the end unless you have heavy expectations that “I get into the cabal I want, I get the powers I want, all without downsides”. Anathema is tough, but there is stuff you can do while anathema. Alternatively, to avoid the risk, avoid Empire.

-Ish

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(RAGE DELETE) [None] Kadavarn Vazdin the Dai Sensei of ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 20-Sep-18 02:00 AM
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Kadavarn Vazdin the Dai Sensei..., Kadavarn (Anonymous), 20-Sep-18 05:56 AM, #1
     Reply I don't know which gaming groups you play with..., SPN, 20-Sep-18 10:54 AM, #2
     Reply Won't work, Kstatida, 20-Sep-18 11:25 AM, #3
     Reply You're right., ice king, 22-Sep-18 07:53 AM, #10
     Reply Re Anathema, Rahsael, 20-Sep-18 12:52 PM, #4
     Reply Anathema, Ishuli, 20-Sep-18 01:21 PM #5
     Reply RE: Anathema, Kadavarn (Anonymous), 21-Sep-18 01:31 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Anathema, Kstatida, 21-Sep-18 02:31 AM, #7
               Reply +1, Rahsael, 21-Sep-18 10:51 AM, #8
     Reply Anathema, ice king, 22-Sep-18 07:49 AM, #9
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135145 Previous topic | Next topic