Subject: "That was a very long ride." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134567
Show all folders

Zah (Anonymous)Sat 14-Jul-18 09:10 PM
Charter member
#134569, "That was a very long ride."

When I first rolled Zah he was nothing more than a throwaway. I had an itch I hadn't scratched in more than a decade and felt a traditional RBW build would be a good place to find fun PKs for a rusty player like myself. Hell, I don't think I added my first role chapter till level 48 or something.

At first Zah was the perfect Villager. Did everything by the books, plain, neutral, boring. Then he met Jormyr. For all the drama Zah brought to the Village, Fortress and forums, you now know who to blame!

One thing I really learnt from Zah, which I've never done in the past, is how to evolve a character over time. Who Zah was and who Zah become were very different characters and it something I encourage everyone to try. It adds a huge amount of depth and longevity to your characters.

Which moves me onto my farewells:

Immortals:

First and foremost, Jormyr: thank you for taking the time and effort to invest in Zah. Without your interaction and guidance Zah would not have been even half the fun he was and he certainly would've deleted long ago. I do hope I finally got the hang of your religion, looking back at my logs I think you bonked me on the head 4 or 5 times for getting it wrong. I also hope the drama I seemed to continually cause didn't give you too much of a headache!

Panmorne: We didn't interact too much but I rated you very highly. When I first read your helpfile I thought we were going to clash like crazy (you and Jormyr have very conflicting beliefs!), but you were extremely classy and likeable. I also want to thank you for running the Rites, it is something I've always wanted to experience and I had an absolute blast. It is a bit unfortunate that I think every participant is now gone.

Rahsael: Thank you for the very cool and creepy interactions over the past couple of days. Your religion seems like a lot of fun and would definitely like to try a follower in the near future.

Battle:
It's funny, I don't feel like I have many goodbyes to say as everyone went up and deleted recently!

Ghar: Hope you get a leadership position. It is a shame you missed the Rites, I suspect you may have got the time conversion wrong. I did too but actually logged in what I thought was an hour early to get ready and happened to find myself just in time.

Drizzo: Strange name but cool character, keep at it.

Doryur: I didn't want to post in your farewell at risk of causing it to create further unnecessary drama. What I will say is you were right to challenge Zah. As mentioned, Zah was not the perfect Villager, he was a marked follower of the God of War and Destruction. I absolutely would push the boundaries to incite conflict and I was completely content with being kicked out of the Village or turned Evil for it. Towards the end I was actively gunning for it.

Fort:
I kind of suspect you guys will be both relieved and a bit upset I'm gone. Relieved because I was constantly causing havoc at the Fortress but maybe upset because I probably kept things interesting.

Drissa: One crazy tough mofo. You now also get ranked amongst the likes of Glik, Bakmarr and Igos in my books. I loved our interactions, I loved pushing your buttons. Neither of us were enemies at all but Zah did love making you attack him.

Aurew: The true Martyr. As you said, you interactions today will never be forgotten. I loved every moment of it, including my death which felt extremely fitting. A very cool character, keep it up.

Aehwic: Another cool character, unfortunately in PK you really didn't have much hope against me. A Cloud RBW with ~80svs and Calming the Tempest is ridiculously OP vs. invokers. Still I admired your determination.

Others:
Luciaquos: Great fights, we both have the defenses of a potato and hit like trucks. This meant they were over very quickly. I would often flee, look back at the log and realise "oh #### I was winning, I shouldn't have fled" or see you flee when you were winning.

Unda: We didn't interact often but were both long lived. Extremely tough Mummy which I doubt I would have ever taken down solo. Sorry about the Arena Championship, without your Zombies it was hardly a fair fight. Although I have no idea how close it was as I was thirsting.

Fugamada: Orcs are always rough for Villagers, it doesn't matter how much damage I dish out it just feels like you soak it up dish it back. Fun fights and very tough character.

I definitely know I've missed people, so I apologise in advance. I'll be sure to respond to anyone I've forgotten.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who makes this game happen. The level of joy and entertainment this game brings at no cost is something we all take for granted.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of War... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 14-Jul-18 08:00 PM
Reply Brute., Panmorne, 17-Jul-18 01:49 PM, #19
Reply More concerned with playing your role than gear and rat..., Relio, 15-Jul-18 06:53 PM, #14
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of..., xyfa, 15-Jul-18 10:46 AM, #10
Reply That was a very long ride., Zah (Anonymous), 14-Jul-18 09:10 PM #2
Reply Simply outstanding, Drissa (Anonymous), 14-Jul-18 09:42 PM, #4
Reply I liked Zah a lot., Saagkri, 14-Jul-18 11:01 PM, #5
Reply I don't think I ever got any of your shifters, Zah (Anonymous), 15-Jul-18 06:32 AM, #9
Reply I liked it, Leodos/wakazoey (Anonymous), 15-Jul-18 12:57 AM, #6
Reply That one time you caught me in Veran I was so pissed., Zah (Anonymous), 15-Jul-18 06:27 AM, #8
Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Rahsael, 15-Jul-18 01:24 AM, #7
Reply Loved some Zah, Korsgaard, 15-Jul-18 12:43 PM, #11
Reply Great reward, especially since there was a flood of Ass..., Zah (Anonymous), 16-Jul-18 03:40 AM, #17
Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Cojerluz , slayer of scary giants. (Anonymous), 15-Jul-18 01:19 PM, #12
Reply Posted the log to dios, it was a great and brutal fight..., Zah (Anonymous), 16-Jul-18 03:33 AM, #15
Reply Big Beastie Bastid!, Ysaloerye, 15-Jul-18 06:36 PM, #13
Reply Thank you., Zah (Anonymous), 16-Jul-18 03:36 AM, #16
Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Svakas (Anonymous), 16-Jul-18 10:55 AM, #18
Reply It was a sad day when you deleted., Zah (Anonymous), 19-Jul-18 04:34 AM, #22
Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Jormyr, 18-Jul-18 05:27 PM, #20
     Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Zah (Anonymous), 19-Jul-18 04:31 AM, #21
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of..., Morius, 14-Jul-18 08:27 PM, #1
     Reply Awesome echos, thank you., Zah (Anonymous), 14-Jul-18 09:17 PM, #3
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134567 Previous topic | Next topic