Subject: "Thoughts..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134537
Show all folders

IthamThu 12-Jul-18 02:52 AM
Member since 29th Apr 2018
126 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134539, "Thoughts..."

***The good***

Mentioned some of this in a game play thread...

I started playing CF back when it first started up (or close) and I played for many many years. loved this mud and have a lot of fond memories from it.

I started playing Empire/Scion chars when that cabal got started. I fought in the arena to be the first emperor (lost but did kill the ####er who killed me with bleed damage from the sword he gave me!). Deleted the 4-5 51's Imperials I had. Rolled up a Maran Bard because I had never played either of those 2 things. Played that for 4 months or so and quit to start in on some post college adulting.

Roughly the time frame when I last played...

One day out of the blue CF popped into my head. I went to check for the site and sure as #### it was still up and running!! Not sure of the time frame but I am guessing its been 15 years or more? Maybe one of the imm's knows for sure.

HUGE Thanks!! For the people who have spent the time to make this mud and keep it running over the years! It's been a good source of entertainment for me! I like a lot of the little things that got put in. The quests and small changes were nice to see. Lots of other stuff...

Also another big big thanks to Ehlonyra for the endless adventures and showing me around. Despite playing for years I was basically starting over again because of all of the little changes. I wouldn't of been able to come back and play after all those years without your help. Alemius and Thoglin you were part of this to.

Jormyr...Thanks for the smites and dealing with me to turn me into a more proper ugly redheaded stepchild you didn't want as a follower. Sorry I suck at RP Only imm I got to frequently interact with/chat with IC or OOC...

I'm here to pvp!! Soooo big thanks to those I constantly had to fight...You know who you are, you folks are what keep things interesting and I appreciate the pvp fun. It's definitely more civil then back in the day...

***The Bad***

I didn't con die. I got bored around April. 3 weeks ago I deleted all my characters, but brought them back. I burned through roughly 12 con doing stupid crap. 7 pts to suicides on lunn. I lost interest in the cabal and character. Not sure which came first. The Tribunal cabal is basically the same as it was when first created. That statement is false or course, but it absolutely feels that way. I wanted to be a vindicator not a provincial... after 300 hours or not being able to play what I wanted to play it was time to write this one off...Some imm interactions could of fixed that. Or ultimately I think a small redo on tribunals skills might not hurt and fix it for everyone!

Too much waiting/or pointless time killing stuff in this game and I think its a huge problem.

The other issue I had which is not having anyone in the cabal to be my "partner in anti crime" with... Felt like it was 95% evil characters and me the 1 good align guy. Despite being Tribunals, I felt it was wrong for Itham to go out hunting criminals with evil characters. I sorta had someone with Thoglin, but I couldn't understand him and Jerem was sketchy as a pvp partner. Having people to play with is equally as important as people to play against. The against part was well filled!

I essentially felt I was plying solo the whole time. Solo combined with no cabal or questionable cabal powers was rough. I actually don't understand why manacles doesn't work out of town. Curious why normal magistrates can't get a guard(s) to help them hunt criminals out of town. At one point two of the provincials had guards who helped them out of town. There was a weird inconsistency with that n that bugged the #### out of me.

Seeing 75% of my who list as WANTED just irked the #### out of me and reminded me of how inept the cabal is.

***Suggestions for the next char, anyone?***

I still have 2 51's..

I've played EVERYTHING on this mud cept a healer or shapeshifter. I dislike classes that are basically 1-2 skill classes. Paladins are definitely like that! I I feel most shapeshifters are the same. However I should try one before I stop playing. Any suggestions on them?

I was one of the first druid players, not sure if I can play another due to a bitter taste in my mouth about it.

My last ranger had bears, but was around when they lost them... Rangers seem weak or am I wrong?

I don't like warriors, assassins or thieves.

I've not played a evil conjie but they seem broken...

Won't play a shaman, bard, paladin or invoker...

Suggestions?

Itham.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Itham the Champion of the Virtues... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 11-Jul-18 11:24 PM
Reply Thoughts..., Itham, 12-Jul-18 02:52 AM #1
     Reply RE: Thoughts..., incognito, 12-Jul-18 05:10 AM, #2
     Reply Trib AP is solid choice for pvp-hungry player, Kstatida, 12-Jul-18 08:03 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Trib AP is solid choice for pvp-hungry player, incognito, 13-Jul-18 02:18 AM, #6
          Reply Of course not, Kstatida, 13-Jul-18 02:26 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Of course not, incognito, 14-Jul-18 01:51 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: Of course not, Itham, 14-Jul-18 03:09 AM, #9
                         Reply You misunderstood me, incognito, 14-Jul-18 06:21 AM, #11
     Reply That's a lot of classes ruled out, Mcbeth, 12-Jul-18 10:26 AM, #4
     Reply RE: That's a lot of classes ruled out, Itham, 14-Jul-18 03:27 AM, #10
          Reply RE: That's a lot of classes ruled out, incognito, 14-Jul-18 06:24 AM, #12
     Reply The shapeshift r build you're looking for, SPN, 12-Jul-18 05:41 PM, #5
     Reply I win 2-1!!!, Zah (Anonymous), 14-Jul-18 07:01 AM, #13
     Reply Re: Itham, Jormyr, 18-Jul-18 05:08 PM, #14
          Reply RE: Re: Itham, Itham, 20-Jul-18 12:41 AM, #15
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134537 Previous topic | Next topic