Subject: "How can you say the char wasn't going anywhere?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131965
Show all folders

IAmSteversWed 16-Aug-17 03:15 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2017
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131992, "How can you say the char wasn't going anywhere?"

Especially when you hardly ever logged in (I'm just bitter because you were helpful to me when you did log in, so I looked forward to having you as a groupmate... which was a rare occasion).

I had a feeling that you were far more PK oriented than I was, so I have to ask -- why did you go entropy in the first place? The cabal isn't "complete", one of the powers doesn't work at all, two of the powers seem RP-oriented, and the other two are useless when we never had the Equation.

I think you need some advice from the current leading AP expert in Thera. So, here it goes.

>It's apparently very hard to actually gather charges. Those
>you can kill don't give any and ones that would give charges
>never die. They either don't fight you or can prevent/mitigate
>sleep effectively. So essentially you're kinda limited to
>people leveling into your range for the first time and they
>usually give one charge. But they will try to avoid you at all
>costs, so it's a very time-consuming process of hunting a
>single guy and then he quits.
>

It is hard to gather charges with the current state of CF. Not only are you up against some difficult odds race/class combo-wise, but most of the other players are hardened PK vets, in a perma, or otherwise crafty at survival/escape. That being said, even I was able to sleep Rhoyshdean, Buon, and (just a few times) Lochlan. I think any of these 3 would have provided me with a good few charges, had I more knowledge about the game (prepping effectively, not using iceball against a felar, etc) and some patience.

I had a feeling that you were going to hero up and wreck those guys. After all, if I can come close to killing them, imagine what you could have done.

Towards the end of my char's life, however, I think I found out the secret. Just gank and do your best to get the final blow. If that doesn't help you get charges on the high risk, high reward targets, then I don't know what to say.

>On top of that, kinda pointless to login to two 47 necros in
>PK, one of which is always on. One can argue that Entropy
>doesn't need powers (since the only useful one doesn't work)
>and that's true, but something ticks me off when I can't
>really retrieve (due to PWK) and can't even become wanted
>really as an entropist as that would seriously complicate
>things and make retrieval close to impossible.
>

One of which is always on but hardly ever leaves town. If you can catch people outside of town, you'll be set. If not, then hope you get a better companion than me to help you try to kill Lochlan.

>Plus the wands necessary to withstand the zombie armies are
>locked in the places I can't get, plus the loss of con (to
>mobdeaths mostly).
>

I feel you there

>Overall, I think the biggest reason was the purpose or the
>drive behind the char was somehow lost along the way and it
>wasn't fun to log in anymore, so I deleted.

Thanks for the help when we did cross paths. Shoot me a message here or on dios if you don't mind.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [ENTROPY] Tyiquazza Drel'arka the Invoker of ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 12-Aug-17 01:48 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [ENTROPY] Tyiquazza Drel'arka the Invoker..., Krelvix (Anonymous), 13-Aug-17 03:37 PM, #1
     Reply Char wasn't going anywhere, Tyiquazza (Anonymous), 15-Aug-17 10:14 AM, #2
          Reply It would never have worked between us., Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 15-Aug-17 10:44 AM, #3
          Reply I liked you., Ishuli, 15-Aug-17 10:44 AM, #4
          Reply I think, Kstatida, 15-Aug-17 11:52 AM, #5
          Reply How can you say the char wasn't going anywhere?, IAmStevers, 16-Aug-17 03:15 AM #6
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131965 Previous topic | Next topic