Subject: "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Aukhil the Oathbreaker, Hunted by Battle" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #129064
Show all folders

JormyrSun 04-Sep-16 07:04 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
420 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129065, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Aukhil the Oathbreaker, Hunted by Battle"

Well, I can honestly say I'm disappointed to see this, though not exceptionally surprised.

I honestly did enjoy Aukhil, both when he was doing well as a Rager, and when he wasn't. He was an evil, greedy duergar, and in that he always was consistent. Unfortunately, it just ran a bit afoul of really doing what a rager should be, though I did originally hope Aukhil would come around and get back to rager, but obviously you went with "join the other team" theory right away.

Unfortunately, I wasn't actually around at the immediate time the whole incident happened that started this all, or when you got booted. I spent a day or two hunting through exactly what happened, deciding on the IC punishment, and hoping to find you myself. After we didn't match up right away, I had another Immortal step in so as not to have the punishment happen drastically later.

Short version: You traded a bunch of *unique* magical items to the mage leaders of the mage cabal get your shinies back.

From an RP perspective, there's one thing villagers do with mages/magic. Kill/destroy it. You don't trade with them, you don't make friends with them, they're not scouts, etc. Probably some leeway in a goodie rager trying to talk a mage out of magic, but that's all I can really think of at the immediate moment.

The best assessment I can give is that it very much came across as trading a ton of magical gear for your shiny staff back, which is horrible rager RP. You lost your staff, it sucks, but you don't trade for it back. You take it from their corpse, or it's just SOL.

This is in no way saying people HAVE to full loot, or even loot a mage at all (though in all honesty, you really have to admit that there's a point where you probably SHOULD be sacrificing their uber-awesome magic stuff). RP that you didn't have time to bother going through their corpse, or that their trinkets are worthless (since obviously you beat them to death anyways), whatever, but if you've taken the time to grab their things (and they're sufficiently rare/powerful), you definitely shouldn't be HANDING their things back to them.

Secondly, once this all happened, it was hard to follow up with you because any RP just oozed player opinion vs. character. To the point where your continued gripe about Scarabs is exactly the same as another recent Battle character. Which, FYI - Jormyr's still a god of war. Jormyr's pointed out a consistency factor, but otherwise his only rule is that you HAVE to fight Nexus. Beyond that convince a Commander. If we're fighting Empire practically 24/7, and Tribunal on random spats, there's no reason we can't fight ANY cabal if a Commander wants to push it the right way.

Anyways, this is long and rambling. Summary - I liked Aukhil, he had consistent roleplay, though it got him in conflict with Ragerness. He received an *ENTIRELY* IC punishment that I was very much hoping might persevere and cause character development. Either striving to return to Ragers OR continuing on the Empire path would both be valid RP, but ultimately you decided the character wasn't worth the effort.

(As an aside, other Immortals and I were just discussing the problems between lack of consequences and/or punishments RP might cause, particularly given the frequent player responses of meltdowns or character deletion)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(RAGE DELETE) [None] Aukhil the Oathbreaker, Hunted by ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 04-Sep-16 05:32 PM
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Aukhil the Oathbreaker, Hunted..., Jormyr, 04-Sep-16 07:04 PM #1
     Reply Agree to disagree., Aukhil (Anonymous), 04-Sep-16 07:59 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Agree to disagree., Umiron, 04-Sep-16 09:16 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Agree to disagree., Jormyr, 05-Sep-16 02:22 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Agree to disagree., Kstatida, 05-Sep-16 04:31 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Agree to disagree., TJHuron, 05-Sep-16 08:27 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Agree to disagree., Jeede.,. (Anonymous), 05-Sep-16 09:11 AM, #7
          Reply you, Beront (Anonymous), 05-Sep-16 07:15 PM, #8
          Reply correct me if I am wrong but:, Sarien, 08-Sep-16 01:02 PM, #9
               Reply I assume that's a reply to me., Jormyr, 08-Sep-16 02:12 PM, #10
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #129064 Previous topic | Next topic