Subject: "Phew! What a ride!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127907
Show all folders

JarmelWed 04-May-16 07:23 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127913, "Phew! What a ride!"

So well this was me! For want of just wanting to play battle, my expectations were completely blown out of the water. I thoroughly enjoyed every single moment, and had a span of hours with some quality interactions across the board from a large range of people. Immortals thanks for doing everything you do, I hope I brought a smile to your faces from time to time.
Players thanks for taking the time to interact, and likewise I hope I brought a smile to your face from time to time and maybe just maybe smash your keyboard to bits out of frustration! Hahaha

After Kregan I rolled another bard, Agathian primarily because I wanted to see what an instrument less bard was like, and try out a couple other edges. I enjoyed the character for a bit but it all got a bit same same. Since Kregan I always had this idea in my head of playing a body builder type character, but I could never really find a way to get it to fit in CF in any way shape or form, because well with my limited knowledge CF doesn't have a gym anywhere.

Then after a few months it kinda made sense CF doesn't have a gym lets attempt to build one! From there I made a link as to why I would know about a gym and perhaps no-one else would. With this association was the reason why I choose to go Battle as well. The last little bit came to me while watching Australia V New Zealand in the rugby world cup. A name ... The combination of 2 players Sekope Kepu and Israel Folau, I was set.

With this choice I made a very hard stance to try to focus on enemies/mages as much as possible. So this meant two things:
1. Alot of my paladin fights at the start had me standing there waiting to be wrathed
2. I tried to "ween" people off magic. So this meant taking an item and giving it to Tahren as part of this. I know this annoyed the hell out of some of you, this was not my intention. But please see the flip side of this, unless you had a replacement slot in your corpse it was very rare I took anything non-magical. I think I looted non-magic maybe 4-5 times over my whole life. It was damned hard to stick to my guns on this sometimes, its deflating to loot a charred leather bracer cause that's the only magical item and leave darkened platemail behind.

There are so many people to mention over a long life. So thank you to everyone. Unlike Kregan with this character I decided to keep quiet and on the down-low in responding to people. So there are alot of great people that have gone that I have said nothing to, apologies if I leave names out now.

Fellow villagers:
Thanks a million for the good times! Even the bad times were great! I thought alot of you were exceptional and in all honesty trying to find one person out of the group of you to pick as Drillmaster was not easy at all ... This reflects very highly of what I thought of alot of you as a whole. I should have just put names in a hat and picked one out.

Llathe look after the village
Ild I hope everything is ok, I spent alot of time with you, you were awesome
Grundo you know what the handshake and high five were for all the best!

Enemies:
There were so many so ill mention the ones I seemed to be fighting all the time.

Felar Chief, by far my toughest foe! Hahaha! I think I got you more than you got me, but bloody hell you just made my life a misery.

Darvoderis, I am glad you got Emperor, you were a tough consistent solid foe, not afraid to mix it up and always pushed to get the Codex back. Thanks for all the fights.

Tiiga, I never really got the better of you, man assassins tank well when I was thirsting using two maces I had so much trouble hitting you. Trance?

Golthazar, damn you had my number! Bloody wrathing maces! Next time ill loot those damn things for myself and use em against ya!

Outlanders:
What happened? I got title Foreign Born and the fights just stopped! I was still a dirty Duergar. Not that it bothered me if you weren't a mage I wasn't super interested anyway.

Tribunal:
Qinsa, be the Lion god damnit!

Leaden, I was never gunna get your number you used your forms and greater enlivens exceptionally well, and were always resisted to the teeth.

Nexuns:
You can breath a sigh of relief now! I think I just worked to be a rough match up for alot of you.

Fortress
Lexxi, thanks for the fights
Gulrom, how the hell you were MANGLING, ***DEMO*** through rager resist and bard resist is beyond me. Holy hell you hit hard. Took me a while to figure out that when you see ligtning strikes just run away and yell "Cool off". Tough as hell was sad to see you go.

Scarab
Abradabra, I replied to you seperately.

At the start of August I will most likely be heading to Europe to represent Australia one last time in a Kayaking discipline. Then holidays in America for a month in September New York and San Fran. So if anyone wants a free beer or two let me know. I have no idea what to play next but I am sure there will be something along the way soon, if I can face the reality of either auto-deleting while away or having to delete before I go away.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Sekope Folau the Foreign Born Pers... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 04-May-16 08:48 AM
Reply Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 04-May-16 07:23 PM #4
Reply You were too tough to try to take on, Gwildaththea (Anonymous), 04-May-16 10:31 PM, #7
Reply RE: You were too tough to try to take on, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:39 PM, #15
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Graatch, 05-May-16 03:50 PM, #8
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:40 PM, #16
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Hallanaphas (Anonymous), 06-May-16 11:53 AM, #9
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:42 PM, #17
Reply thumbs up, Llathe (Anonymous), 06-May-16 12:15 PM, #10
Reply RE: thumbs up, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:43 PM, #18
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Ild (Anonymous), 06-May-16 01:03 PM, #11
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:44 PM, #19
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 08-May-16 02:01 AM, #12
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:48 PM, #20
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Woldgar (Anonymous), 09-May-16 06:35 AM, #13
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:52 PM, #22
Reply You were kinda nice. Not very duergar-y :P, Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 10-May-16 03:32 AM, #14
Reply RE: You were kinda nice. Not very duergar-y :P, Jarmel, 25-May-16 10:50 PM, #21
Reply RE: Phew! What a ride!, Varnon (Anonymous), 10-Jun-16 10:40 AM, #23
Reply Damned son of a...!, Jormyr, 04-May-16 06:07 PM, #3
Reply RE: Damned son of a...!, Jarmel, 04-May-16 07:38 PM, #5
Reply Well done, Abra (Anonymous), 04-May-16 01:21 PM, #2
Reply RE: Well done, Jarmel, 04-May-16 07:44 PM, #6
Reply Well Played Dude (nt), Bemused, 04-May-16 09:58 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127907 Previous topic | Next topic