Subject: "Heaghul Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123857
Show all folders

SaagkriFri 27-Mar-15 11:46 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123865, "Heaghul Goodbyes"
Edited on Fri 27-Mar-15 12:10 PM

Heaghul was one of my most enjoyable characters. When Gergan auto'd, I didn't have the battle thief out of my system, so Heaghul was born. My main goal was to reach 'butcher' as a defender which I eventually did. I made some poor choices with the thief points, like choosing isolate when there weren't any necros around. Gergan had Thermonbrue, Soalar, Ulamette, and 1 or 2 others. Heaghul only had Boega that I recall, and never used isolate on him. I think I used it in one battle against Kregan at the destructor.

Heaghul stayed level 42 for most of his life because he had trouble finding a group. j/k Actually, that gave me the biggest pk range it seemed. I had level sitting APs and Assassins as well as 0 penalty class hero's for a good part of his life.

Heaghul was a stern non-griefer. He didn't sac unholies, looted only what he could use (couple exceptions like staff of wonders). Only robbed you blind if you screwed him first, or he was trying to set up a truce with favorable conditions (See Raeth).

I like to leave options open, so at 500+ hours, I still had 8 thief points, 26 pracs and a lot of edge points unspent. When an enemy would become particularly difficult, I'd take an edge to mitigate the threat. In retrospect, I should probably have spent more thief and edge points earlier in Heaghul's life. I won a Role Contest and got the assassin kick avoidance edge and the poultice that cures curses edges. Seemed like about 100 hours between winning and getting the edges. Fortunately, I never had to heal a curse or avoid an assassin kick ever. It would have been better if the poultice could also cure 'healing curse'.

Several things happened in Heaghul's life that made me want to delete, but I'm glad I stuck it out. I think besides role EXP, Heaghul averaged less than 1 IMM Exp per hour. With the role EXP changes, I don't know if that would have even allowed 1 devious versatility at 300+ hours. But, in the end, I was actually getting more into the char as opposed to losing interest.

If I don't mention you here, it slipped my mind, so please post and I'll respond.

Akresius: In the end, I thought it best to not pursue your tattoo. I suspect you were fine with that. I know better what to avoid now.

Verathi: Good strategist! Your (if I recall) 'dent' suggestion payed dividends to the village. Thanks for your encouragement and support over the years.

Baerinika: I was hoping to interact with you more, but I felt like you kinda dissed Heaghul after he sought Akresius' tattoo. He had planned to do that from the beginning.

IMM that took 200 IMM Exp from Heaghul: I wish you could have found another way to make your feelings known and I don't know why you never answered me re: my role.

IMM that gave IMM Exp for helping a newbie: I loved that. Consider giving more in the future because if you snoop someone helping a newbie, chances are they have done it 20 other times and gone unnoticed.

IMMs: Wish someone had responded to my note about rule violation.

Raeth: Appreciated you sticking to your bark code. Also, glad we came to an agreement. Wish we could have been allies.

Colfen: Found you fun for some reason and you helped Heaghul when you could (or it was to your advantage, not sure).

Piroshar: You improved a lot over your life, glad I could help a little.

Ildrasi: Sorry you felt you couldn't rely on me as a defender. I tried my best with everyone, but honestly, I could not understand a single thing you said.

Aoirse: You were a good leader. When you led Marintok to believe I took his 100 gold, I was going to call you to the circle. I'm glad Verathi talked me out of it. Wasn't that big of a deal.

Pikatzu: Liked you as Shadow Lord and Bandit King. Was not in your PK for much of Heaghul's life, but enjoyed our talks.

Magner: Lots of fun as your defender.

Ychram: I know Heaghul was a PITA to you. I'm not sure I would have ever killed you had you not opted to stay and fight to the end a couple of times. I tried to be extra non-griefy. You were still a tough opponent and obviously a very competent player.

Willet: Liked you. Always made me do a double take when I saw you because I played a Duergar Shaman named Willet back in the Zorsaul days.

Garfong: I was really looking forward to releasing Defiance with you. Glad you took the oath and hope you get the sword and make everyone who challenges you take the oath first. Sorry we didn't get to go on that quest. btw, You shouldn't be able to wield defiance in the challenge.

Ashworth: Was waiting for you to hero for Defiance, but because of my age, decided to get it with Garfong on the condition that you could challenge him to a dual to see who gets it.

Duvlek: One of my favorite fights was when you overextended yourself before you knew I was a defender and chased me thinking I was still plagued and poisoned until your flight fell. I think we ended up even or +1 win to you.

Fessara: The time you broke my wrist, I went right back to the guild and took 'strong wrists'. Don't think it happened again. I hope you didn't take anything personally.

Birtoc: I was fortunate how our battles turned out. I liked you and you were a tough defender when it came to retrieval.

Thieves of the Galadon Guild: Didn't see much of some of you, but enjoyed everyone I interacted with. Guild members should help each other, and we did a good job of that I think.

Battle: Can't go through all the names I have had good interactions with. Aoirse, Magner, Gutaklya, Ishki, Srrkal, Keznet, Byantar, Huacan, Willet, Eriagwen, Nizin, Iyaya, Skreeya, Rakaros and everyone else. Enjoyed the village tremendously. Wish I could have seen the rites, but had decided long ago not to participate because of age and indecision on heroing. Post and I'll reply. Funnyone: Sorry you deleted your rager, I liked the imaginary dragon thing you had going on.

Lilyth: It'll be ok, it just wasn't meant to be.

Sotis: That was awesome when you killed the Ape in the guild for me.

Tslantha: I never saw you again after you landed sleep and took my darkened armor. I will haunt you from the grave.

Kregan: I loved our fight in the village and wish we could have played it out. You were no fun to fight, but liked your persona.

Lots of others that slip my mind atm and the IMMs for providing 20 years of fun.

Heaghul, Gergan, Saagkri, Grimreaper, Stormshadow, Ysl, Immerstasion, Savaane, Illiash, etc.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Heaghul Bloodmoon the Shadow, King... [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 27-Mar-15 09:40 AM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Heaghul Bloodmoon the Shadow, ..., Caellyon (Anonymous), 28-Mar-15 12:09 AM, #15
Reply Ha! The trip to the Island. How did I forget to mention..., Saagkri, 28-Mar-15 12:41 AM, #17
Reply Well done., Sindrir (Anonymous), 27-Mar-15 11:47 PM, #14
Reply RE: Well done., Saagkri, 28-Mar-15 12:35 AM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Heaghul Bloodmoon the Shadow, ..., Kregan (Anonymous), 27-Mar-15 07:12 PM, #9
Reply Thanks, Dude. (n/t), Saagkri, 27-Mar-15 08:18 PM, #11
Reply Heaghul Goodbyes, Saagkri, 27-Mar-15 12:10 PM #2
Reply Note about Rules thing, Destuvius, 27-Mar-15 01:05 PM, #4
Reply RE: Note about Rules thing, Saagkri, 27-Mar-15 01:10 PM, #5
     Reply Sorry if that sounded snooty..., Saagkri, 27-Mar-15 08:31 PM, #12
Reply Never knew there was another WIllet!, Willet (Anonymous), 27-Mar-15 04:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: Never knew there was another WIllet!, Saagkri, 27-Mar-15 04:54 PM, #7
     Reply Well look at that...., Willet #2 (Anonymous), 27-Mar-15 07:12 PM, #8
          Reply It was actually kind of neat. (n/t), Saagkri, 27-Mar-15 08:16 PM, #10
Reply I liked Heaghul a lot, Bemused, 27-Mar-15 08:32 PM, #13
     Reply Thanks. Curious who you were, but understand if you don..., Saagkri, 28-Mar-15 12:49 AM, #18
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Heaghul Bloodmoon the Shadow, ..., Verathi, 27-Mar-15 10:39 AM, #1
     Reply Was definitely more exciting when I knew you were aroun..., Saagkri, 27-Mar-15 12:46 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Was definitely more exciting when I knew you were a..., Garfong (Anonymous), 28-Mar-15 01:52 PM, #19
               Reply RE: Was definitely more exciting when I knew you were a..., Saagkri, 29-Mar-15 04:48 PM, #20
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123857 Previous topic | Next topic