Subject: "A bit of insight into the player re: the late chapters ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110886
Show all folders

lasentiaMon 17-Sep-12 09:38 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111051, "A bit of insight into the player re: the late chapters ..."

First, I'll say the tatto was so unexpected since I was out of sphere and not a priest per se, I was a touch shocked I even got it. I was doing it all for the sake of RP, not to try and earn any rewards after all. The curse removal sort of eliminated my whole char's main reason for being a battlerager though (I had not really thought hey what will I do if I actually get the curse broken since I had no intention of attracting an Imm's attention so that it might actually happen), so I had to make it more about she swore an oath (so she was NEVER going to leave which meant Iklahn would be a dead end) since I was trying to intentionally not be an I hate all magic kill all mages type of Battlerager. But I will say you taking the time to read my role and immerse Neltouda as a major part of it is one of the most fun and best experiences I've ever had in CF. Thank you again for being apart of that, and I would like to try a real priest some time.

You pretty much gave the character that added bit of RP that made her so much fun and I always liked when you gave me a drink, since I knew I could go sit and shoot the breeze with you a while, it didn't always have to be a serious talk with you.

As to the later chapters, I probably should mention it since a few people told me they noted a change in the char (it was mostly RP- and some RL things).

I was not able to play quite as much for a variety of RL reasons which came around not long after the Evermoon stuff began (being away with limited access for 2 weeks in there didn't help) and I thought I would be doing people a disservice to just log in )sit in the village basically voiding out all the time) just for the sake of logging in. My goal was if I logged in Salyeris, she was there at least 90%. I didn't always get that, but I tried to be the char so to speak when I logged in. If I thought I may be interrupted or did not have a lot of time, I would not log her in. (And sometimes I did quick log ins because things came up) I had two chars IC say I pretty much stopped playing, and one of them went a little OOC about it saying I came back because Kelarin made the cabal strong again. Things like that just annoyed me as a player, since I don't think anyone needs to justify their playtimes to other players, and I played when I played, good times or bad. I probably had three or four logins in 990 hours where I said F it, this is just not fun right now and logged off after getting stomped hard (during the Krunk + anathema perma Battle death squad times). If a Battle Imm thought I needed removing because of it, I would have stepped down. If a player has a complaint, well, kindly mind your own business and let the Imms handle it, becuase I'm not going to feel answerable to the PB for my logins or how much I play. That Vaslin challenged me for Commander because of it really really annoyed me as a player, and I should have just booted him instead of letting it drag out, but that's just not how I play the game.

Moving on, I assume it was Rayihn, who began the betrayer storyline, I had to figure out how to respond IC. So I decided she was growing more evil- and I suck at evil RP and lots of times I ended up being too nice or too soft on people- and no matter what Kelarin would say, I was too soft, at least for a Battle Commander . Salyeris did not think a Neltouda follower would wait for life to come to them, Iklahn was clearly going to a dead end, and she wanted a kid and was not going to wait for Rayihn to set her up again. I was not going to let the char all the sudden not care about having a kid, that was pretty much the central theme to her whole char.

She also didn't really care about having a husband, so that's why I took the route I did, and I could have said yeah, the prince flirted with her and they had a magical evening and went their separate ways. Well, that's no fun, sort of bland and an easy way out. So I tried to weave a little bard aspect into it, illusions, suggestion, and I intentionally chose a mob who'se description made him out to be a lazy spoiled drunkard who would not mind so much being taken advantage of in that way since I sort of pictured the prince as having his way with the servant women anyway. I also used Rolastia as well to sort of bring it home as a reluctant midwife who would maybe raise the kid (who I then find out is evil when I considered her, which threw that off entirely- plan ahead people, let that be a warning) I never expected to actually see the kid, it was just an RP facet as part of her story. For a moment I thought maybe an Imm would roll a level 1 wood elf mage with my kid's name, just to really F*** with me, but it never came down to Salyeris confronting her own daughter as a mage. I'm pretty sure I would have had to leave the cabal if they had done that, though it would have been the happy ending so to speak. (She would have chosen love then as Rayihn wanted, but that was the only situation in which she would choose anything over the village.) Them not doing that did allow me to play out my last hours as a rager though, which was also fun, and besides, Kelarin left for love so it would have been cliche if Salyeris did the same.

Because objectively her reputation became that of a betrayer, I had to incorporate that somehow, I couldn't just ignore it. (The char was not from Evermoon, had no love of wood elves specifically, and pretty much did not think having a little daliance with a male consort was all THAT bad a thing to do). And I liked how they made it the Queen of Evermoon who was angry more so than the prince. Betrayal is evil though, and the align hit made it clear Salyeris was in fact now more evil, so I had to be more evil I thought. Honestly, when I did those role chapters I had no idea what would come of it. I kept thinking, she only has 20 more hours to live anyway, and I like to have a final resolution style role chapter near the end of my char life. Of course, she went 200, so I had to keep adding on and such. There is an issue in that I the player didn't write that to attract any attention or anything, I just did it to sort of end the char storyline, but when an Imm involves themself I don't think I can just say screw it, so I tried my best to go with things as they played out and respond as a Commander would, good or bad. My initial storyline was for Salyeris to die a rager- and for Rolastia to pass on the harp to her daughter letting her know that Salyeris had fought her whole life just for her- but Rayihn threw a wrench in my nice neat little story.

In truth that final chapter arc threw me a bit and I tried my best to respond accordinly and IC. As a player I did burn out at times. It's tough to run any cabal as a mortal, but Battle is undeniably the hardest because almost everyone in CF has their own opinion on what a good rager ought to do, and it's never the same, and when any breaks it, you hear about. I wish I used quiet mode a lot more I'll just say.

Hope that clarifies a few things with the char.
I did try to go out with a bit of a spark, make the battle ragers realize her being gone wouldn't change things at all. And it was fun to not be that mopey bitch anymore, and just be a free Battlerager again. (Which I tried to bring across in her last role chapter)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer of ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 12-Sep-12 10:40 PM
Reply As Llonevia, CD, 16-Sep-12 04:32 PM, #59
Reply RE: As Llonevia, lasentia, 17-Sep-12 09:54 AM, #62
Reply Much Respect, Cainargen (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 11:59 AM, #47
Reply RE: Much Respect, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:53 PM, #52
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer..., The-me, 13-Sep-12 11:06 AM, #27
Reply Glad you enjoyed the char, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:37 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Glad you enjoyed the char, The-me, 13-Sep-12 04:48 PM, #41
Reply A Few Final Thoughts, Salyeris (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 07:27 AM, #6
Reply Loved...then hated, Rayihn, 13-Sep-12 07:43 AM, #7
Reply That was the last bard, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 08:53 AM, #11
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, orangepowered, 13-Sep-12 08:28 AM, #8
Reply You were tough as hell, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:03 AM, #14
     Reply RE: You were tough as hell, orangepowered, 13-Sep-12 01:41 PM, #39
Reply Goodbyes, Salyeris (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 08:54 AM, #9
Reply Zameida loved her some Salyeris!, Zameida (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:59 AM, #20
Reply As much as I could like a mage, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:04 AM, #22
Reply *grunt* Krunk is best. Dat right., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 10:49 AM, #25
Reply The best orc at least :), lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:22 PM, #31
     Reply Interested in these:, KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 24-Sep-12 01:21 PM, #70
          Reply Not really, lasentia, 24-Sep-12 08:40 PM, #71
Reply Thank you!, Narissorin,,,. (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 11:03 AM, #26
Reply Just tell me you didn't take stonehearted, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:28 PM, #33
Reply Forgot me., Kontoln (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 11:45 AM, #30
Reply Nah, I said that IC, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:25 PM, #32
     Reply More to say when I die., kontoln3 (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:46 PM, #40
Reply Damn, I wish we had more time., Abiritha (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:18 PM, #37
Reply RE: Damn, I wish we had more time., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:51 PM, #51
Reply Thanks for the compliment, Whiysdan, 13-Sep-12 01:33 PM, #38
Reply So long, Treyliu (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 06:05 PM, #42
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Kelarin, 13-Sep-12 09:28 PM, #43
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:34 PM, #45
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 13-Sep-12 10:12 PM, #44
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:47 PM, #50
Reply Frustrating but necessary, Perr (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 10:30 AM, #46
Reply That was one of my favorite fights in 990 hours., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:46 PM, #49
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Mylene (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 01:37 PM, #48
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 02:05 PM, #53
Reply Why would you stand around holding hands with Nexuns?, Namric (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 02:26 PM, #54
Reply That's perfectly fine., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 03:26 PM, #55
Reply You were a huge part in the shaping of Iklahn, Iklahn (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 05:12 PM, #56
Reply RE: You were a huge part in the shaping of Iklahn, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 05:30 PM, #57
Reply RE: Goodbyes, balete (Anonymous), 15-Sep-12 11:33 PM, #58
Reply Goodbye Old Friend, Neltouda, 16-Sep-12 08:17 PM, #60
Reply A bit of insight into the player re: the late chapters ..., lasentia, 17-Sep-12 09:38 AM #61
     Reply Regarding that comment about showing again because the ..., Iklahn (Anonymous), 17-Sep-12 04:33 PM, #65
          Reply RE: Regarding that comment about showing again because ..., lasentia, 17-Sep-12 05:18 PM, #66
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Iunna, 17-Sep-12 10:34 AM, #63
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 17-Sep-12 10:56 AM, #64
Reply You scoundrel! You will be missed., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 17-Sep-12 08:43 PM, #67
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Fjarn, 19-Sep-12 06:40 AM, #68
     Reply Means a lot to me to hear that from you., lasentia, 20-Sep-12 10:51 AM, #69
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, Daevryn, 13-Sep-12 08:50 AM, #10
Reply It's shaken., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:01 AM, #12
Reply Absolutely one of my favorite characters of all time., Mauz (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:03 AM, #13
Reply Mauz was simply stellar., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:13 AM, #15
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, ghafler (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 10:22 AM, #24
Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:37 PM, #36
Reply We think the same..., TMNS, 13-Sep-12 11:09 AM, #28
Reply Well that was fun., Salyeris (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 11:07 PM, #2
Reply Watched you as two characters. Was impressed both time..., TMNS, 12-Sep-12 11:43 PM, #3
Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:25 AM, #18
     Reply I knew it was you., Mauz (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:34 AM, #19
          Reply RE: I knew it was you., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:09 AM, #23
Reply RE: Well that was fun., Ezgrint (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:58 AM, #4
Reply Ha., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:20 AM, #17
     Reply You hit an unkillable fiend on me once too :(, TMNS, 13-Sep-12 11:11 AM, #29
          Reply Ezgrint fought his for days, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:33 PM, #34
Reply RE: Well that was fun., Fenarum (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 06:33 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Well that was fun., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:17 AM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer..., Inerayo (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 10:58 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:01 AM, #21
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110886 Previous topic | Next topic