Subject: "Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110886
Show all folders

Salyeris (Anonymous)Thu 13-Sep-12 08:39 AM
Charter member
#110905, "Goodbyes"
Edited on Thu 13-Sep-12 08:54 AM

I tried to say farewell to people as they went, so I'll limit this to actives. 990 hours is way too long to hit all the great characters I met.

Imms:
Thror: It was hard to live up to the standards I saw set by the greats in the past, and being a bard scout I always regretted that I could not be a guy that could "let them drop" so to speak in a fight, since that univerally meant I died. I tried to fight with what my skillset afforded me, which unfortunately is not charge in, thirst, and take a few bastards with me. I always felt like you expected a lot, and I tried to do what I could to keep the village on the right track. I just wanted you to know I appreciated you giving me the chance.

Neltouda: I was shocked to see you recruit me into the crew so to speak, I was sphere death after all, but you played a huge RP part of my char with the curse breaking, and everything that happened afterward. I imagine you also expected a bit more from me later on, but a 2 week vacation and limited playtimes sort of knocked me off course and threw some things off with the RP things going on. I hope I did the religion proud in my own odd way though, and I really was more concerned with Neltouda's welfare than my own as Salyeris, you were basically a mother figure to her and a part of her family. Glad you finally took sphere spirit

Fjarn: I know you're around more often than people know, and I like that there's this watchful god out there that lets things go, but will step in when there is a reason. Hope to see you again some time in the fields.

Iunna: I love what you're doing for Battle and I'm really glad to see you taking control of things. Not sure I was the best Commander in your eyes, hell, even in mine I had a lot of faults, but thanks for being around and keeping things fun. I should have booted Vaslin instead of letting it get where it went, sorry about that.

Rayihn: Not all matches are meant to be. Salyeris was not going to sit back and wait for Iklahn to take control of things, or play second fiddle to the Island in any way though. So I did what I did via role just to sort of move the story along. I hope that was not too much bad form on my part, and I did have a lot of fun fights with Xasivus because of it. It was sort of nice being scorned by an Imm though.

Marcatis: Fighting you in the village was awesome, only cause you let it happen instead of just slaughtering me. Thanks for that.

Whiysdan: I knew I would not make the tournament, but still, I wonder where you might have seeded me if I had. Otherwise enjoyed the times I got to hang around and watch you in action, was a true pleasure to witness what you do out there with imm interactions.

Zulgh & Daev and the rest: Thanks for being great assets to CF and for all the hardwork you've put into this game. It does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Battle: I hope you all enjoyed playing in the cabal with me as much as I did you. I had an absolute blast, and I certainly see the draw of the cabal. So long as you accept you're going to die a lot, battle is a great cabal. I imagine another bard will come someday, but I think you are all doing so well any way that I won't be missed in the least.

Uhgtohg: You go first, because damn could you make me laugh. I love the duerg RP, and listening to your banter with others was great. Certainly skilled and ballsy, a first rate battlerager in my opinion.

Cainargen: Sorry you did not make DM, but I just had a wood elf, and RP reasons made Abiritha my natural choice. Good luck in the rites, you're doing well.

Abiritha: Dug the drow RP a lot, and you were also a lot of fun. Sorry that we did not help in the ashes, but when Thror says a fight is yours, I'm not lending a hand.

Ubud: Glad you're sticking it out as a goodie, good luck out there.

Issiver: Exactly what a battle thief scout should be.

All the younger ones: The village looks to have a lot of really capable up and comers and strong heros, so I am looking forward to seeing you all in the fields again from outside the cabal.

Nexus: Too many power swings for you guys, some times you guys had massive numbers, other times down. But I had a lot of fun fighting you all, when the fights weren;t one sided one way or the other at least.

Iklahn: Seemed like frustration was really getting to you at the end, but I did have a lot of fun times with you. However, Salyeris knew where your loyalty was (and it was to the Island), and it was never going to be enough for her so things went down the RP course they went because of it. When it started I was not sure what would happen, but ultimatley I think it worked out for the best. Think what you like of course, but she did like you even to the last day.

Mylene: Duo just makes people not as much a part of the game, but then again, you were completely harmless to me so I can understand. mage v. villagers is just not easy, glad you're sticking it out.

Treyliu: I knew I was age dying soon and the gear would be purged anyway, so I did not care about the loot in that last death. I just wish I did not have the lag spike, I stacked in four commands when it hit and just hoped for the best, and then saw I was dead. Was a fun fight though, would have enjoyed to be coherent for it all and maybe make it a bit better. We had a lot of good tussels though.

Drirla: Air Offense. Yawn. At least you did come a few times alone, which you should, cause you've got potential with that lion form.

Scions: Meh. Hard not to like most of you guys.
Narissorin: Absolute favorite. I generally hate air offense shifters, and on a scion it's almost cliche. But you seem to pull it off in an evil charismatic way that makes your character really stand out from random air/offense murder alls and I really found myself liking your character. You were certainly one of the only solo threats to me that I openly admitted.

Zameida: Rule one of fighting scion water form, be careful on water Lots of fights, but you were generally clever enough and tough enough by the end to stalemate me or make me run most every time. Was nice to see the improvement in that regard, keep on having fun out there without me.

Drekvah: You're a lich, I expected to see a bit more ass kicking out of you but I imagine you're sitll on the upswing. I do think seeing you later on would be fun though.

Trib: Sorry to all of you, but damn, mages seem to love that cabal to the point I think I was a criminal all the time my last 400 hours.

Ziruanja: I really really hated fighting you because one of my big things with Salyeris was don't go to town wanted to force fights with non mages. But if there was a mage, well, had to go for it. You would have killed me that last time in bramblefield, but you worded instead. I had about 200 hp when I fiended you. And I had to sleep you to save that 2nd applicant's life at the end there, you knew I was going to do it.

Perr: Sorry that I appeared to just come around to galadon to pick fights with you. Invoker v. bard scout, bard scout will win 95% of the time, more so when it's an old ass char like Salyeris. But you stuck it out without complaint and that's commendable in my book. You and the shifter had my heart pounding when you came into the sewers though, that ended up being a great fight.

Empire: I pretty much had nothing to do with any of you, I sort of let the cabals coexist while still killing each other. There was never a peace, just a imperials are not mages, so don't kill them policy going on.

Alannah: Thanks for the business deals and the chats, I was happy to have a person to just BS with.

Shamans: Lots of fun people there, with some good RP going. 5 base con, how I hated rot.

Outlander: Fun times with the mages, but otherwise didn;t see much of you guys.

Ory: I enjoyed the chats, sorry we did not have more. I have to think you're even older than me though

Balete: I always wanted to get you, but I think you figured out most of my tricks and would not fall for them a second time so killing you was always a real challenge.

Fort: I was largely hands off with you, if I saw mages around I'd go after them, but they'd just teleport since I was neutral and they did not want to harm me.

And the best for the last, the guy who owend Salyeris every single time and has a special place in my character's memory.
KRUNK: You dirty son of a bitch! With all possible affection and love that a complete and utter victim of yours can muster. Honestly, wood elf bard villager v. bashing orc with polearm wielding giant enslave = FREE NO RISK PK. I treated you with about as much respect as I could believe it or not.

Simple fact, you would never, ever die to me solo. Too many exit strategies, too much healing ability. We both knew how our fights would end. Still, I did have fun talking to you actually. I was supposed to hate you, but come on, it's an orc, how can you not like a tough orc. The entire village pretty much wanted to gang you on sight, and I always said no, he's just an orc, you can handle him alone.

Anyway, I'll respond to any posts and sorry if I missed anyone. Keep having fun in the fields people!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer of ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 12-Sep-12 10:40 PM
Reply As Llonevia, CD, 16-Sep-12 04:32 PM, #59
Reply RE: As Llonevia, lasentia, 17-Sep-12 09:54 AM, #62
Reply Much Respect, Cainargen (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 11:59 AM, #47
Reply RE: Much Respect, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:53 PM, #52
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer..., The-me, 13-Sep-12 11:06 AM, #27
Reply Glad you enjoyed the char, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:37 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Glad you enjoyed the char, The-me, 13-Sep-12 04:48 PM, #41
Reply A Few Final Thoughts, Salyeris (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 07:27 AM, #6
Reply Loved...then hated, Rayihn, 13-Sep-12 07:43 AM, #7
Reply That was the last bard, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 08:53 AM, #11
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, orangepowered, 13-Sep-12 08:28 AM, #8
Reply You were tough as hell, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:03 AM, #14
     Reply RE: You were tough as hell, orangepowered, 13-Sep-12 01:41 PM, #39
Reply Goodbyes, Salyeris (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 08:54 AM #9
Reply Zameida loved her some Salyeris!, Zameida (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:59 AM, #20
Reply As much as I could like a mage, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:04 AM, #22
Reply *grunt* Krunk is best. Dat right., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 10:49 AM, #25
Reply The best orc at least :), lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:22 PM, #31
     Reply Interested in these:, KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 24-Sep-12 01:21 PM, #70
          Reply Not really, lasentia, 24-Sep-12 08:40 PM, #71
Reply Thank you!, Narissorin,,,. (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 11:03 AM, #26
Reply Just tell me you didn't take stonehearted, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:28 PM, #33
Reply Forgot me., Kontoln (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 11:45 AM, #30
Reply Nah, I said that IC, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:25 PM, #32
     Reply More to say when I die., kontoln3 (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:46 PM, #40
Reply Damn, I wish we had more time., Abiritha (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:18 PM, #37
Reply RE: Damn, I wish we had more time., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:51 PM, #51
Reply Thanks for the compliment, Whiysdan, 13-Sep-12 01:33 PM, #38
Reply So long, Treyliu (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 06:05 PM, #42
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Kelarin, 13-Sep-12 09:28 PM, #43
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:34 PM, #45
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 13-Sep-12 10:12 PM, #44
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:47 PM, #50
Reply Frustrating but necessary, Perr (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 10:30 AM, #46
Reply That was one of my favorite fights in 990 hours., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 01:46 PM, #49
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Mylene (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 01:37 PM, #48
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 02:05 PM, #53
Reply Why would you stand around holding hands with Nexuns?, Namric (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 02:26 PM, #54
Reply That's perfectly fine., lasentia, 14-Sep-12 03:26 PM, #55
Reply You were a huge part in the shaping of Iklahn, Iklahn (Anonymous), 14-Sep-12 05:12 PM, #56
Reply RE: You were a huge part in the shaping of Iklahn, lasentia, 14-Sep-12 05:30 PM, #57
Reply RE: Goodbyes, balete (Anonymous), 15-Sep-12 11:33 PM, #58
Reply Goodbye Old Friend, Neltouda, 16-Sep-12 08:17 PM, #60
Reply A bit of insight into the player re: the late chapters ..., lasentia, 17-Sep-12 09:38 AM, #61
     Reply Regarding that comment about showing again because the ..., Iklahn (Anonymous), 17-Sep-12 04:33 PM, #65
          Reply RE: Regarding that comment about showing again because ..., lasentia, 17-Sep-12 05:18 PM, #66
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Iunna, 17-Sep-12 10:34 AM, #63
Reply RE: Goodbyes, lasentia, 17-Sep-12 10:56 AM, #64
Reply You scoundrel! You will be missed., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 17-Sep-12 08:43 PM, #67
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Fjarn, 19-Sep-12 06:40 AM, #68
     Reply Means a lot to me to hear that from you., lasentia, 20-Sep-12 10:51 AM, #69
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, Daevryn, 13-Sep-12 08:50 AM, #10
Reply It's shaken., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:01 AM, #12
Reply Absolutely one of my favorite characters of all time., Mauz (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:03 AM, #13
Reply Mauz was simply stellar., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:13 AM, #15
Reply RE: A Few Final Thoughts, ghafler (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 10:22 AM, #24
Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:37 PM, #36
Reply We think the same..., TMNS, 13-Sep-12 11:09 AM, #28
Reply Well that was fun., Salyeris (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 11:07 PM, #2
Reply Watched you as two characters. Was impressed both time..., TMNS, 12-Sep-12 11:43 PM, #3
Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:25 AM, #18
     Reply I knew it was you., Mauz (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 09:34 AM, #19
          Reply RE: I knew it was you., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:09 AM, #23
Reply RE: Well that was fun., Ezgrint (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 01:58 AM, #4
Reply Ha., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:20 AM, #17
     Reply You hit an unkillable fiend on me once too :(, TMNS, 13-Sep-12 11:11 AM, #29
          Reply Ezgrint fought his for days, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 12:33 PM, #34
Reply RE: Well that was fun., Fenarum (Anonymous), 13-Sep-12 06:33 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Well that was fun., lasentia, 13-Sep-12 09:17 AM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Salyeris Nimkerta the Strummer..., Inerayo (Anonymous), 12-Sep-12 10:58 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks, lasentia, 13-Sep-12 10:01 AM, #21
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110886 Previous topic | Next topic