Subject: "Toodles everyone!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10621
Show all folders

OddjobWed 30-Oct-02 12:57 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#10630, "Toodles everyone!"

Well, another Oddjob druid bites the dust. Still the undisputed best class in the game IMHO. No real conspiracies as to why I deleted, I just got bored. Anybody who knows me can attest that my chars rarely even hero because when I get bored and the RP loses its flair...I HAVE to delete. I just dont have the stamina some players do in that regard. A VERY fun char to play and it certainly kept me busy. In the span of this character I have managed to get married, take a short honeymoon, find and begin the purchase process of my first home with my wife, and work 60ish hours a week. Now that the char is kind of getting stale for me, and good leadership is poised to take my place I will take this opportunity to step aside and rest a bit. We close on our house on the 18th and I want to focus on that. I HATE it when leaders fade away so I will jsut go out on top. No plans for another char for a bit.

Imms thanks for the extra sups to Druids but it seems all it did was cause the "druids are overpowered!" snivelers to rise up untill they found a new whine de jour. Ive spent years playing the class now and to me, the best thing you have done to them is the herbal forage changes. I Refuse to gather preps with my chars and didnt use them with Blimb. Being able to gather up a ton of protective herbs and get some dam redux was a blessing. During my time with this char Druids were same old non-played druids....new sups now "OVERPOWERED!!!!!! ROLL ONE!!!, then back to being same old druids when people stopped playing em again. They arent as easy to excell at as people want to beleive, and the misinformation out there about the class has reached comical levels

On to the Ta Ta's. I will forget people, yell at me when I do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nhernin and Gorgoth: You two were two of my best buddies, or spent the most time with me hunting rather. I usually got the sharp end of the stick but Gorgoth, you cant imagine how many times I had loads of armor or nice pike that I would think "This would be great for Gorgoth" and Id be killed and have it looted/saced by tribs. Come around more often eh.

Gwimdorf: You are a great healer, and a good leader. Hone your leadership skills some and you could be quite memorable. I felt sorry for you many times and looked hard to find another healer to ease your burden but none wanted to be sylvan. I can imagine how it is being the only healer in the cabal. You always did well, when healing was needed you stayed out of combat as you should and did your thing. An interesting character and I heard you were looking to Imm. Good luck with that.

Meelus: Where oh where did you go gnome-nuts?

Wiidosem: Where? Who? C'mon man, you have to press on and hero. You are playing IMHO the most interesting class in the game. Since they made Shadar and Aridhol indoors (bunch of poop) it became a hell of alot harder to hero druids, but you can do it. You are quite capable.

Alysrith: I would go out of my way to log on more in Prime Time hours so I could be around you. I loved talking to you, running with you, interviewing, and just plain sharing leadership. Fairly early on though I had heard through the warder grapevine that you were getting old and you confirmed that. Every day I dredded logging on to see your char dead, even if it did mean I would be captain. When you passed on leadership to me and then Immed, was a damn good day for me. Damn good indeed. Lots of luck, press on through the imm ranks. You are one player that deserves it.

Saldradien: I think your the man, You know I think your the man, you know you are the man. You kept me from deleting just by doing whatever to juice the char's interest level up at just the right time. You unwittingly did this on more then one occation. I liked you with every past Sylvan Ive had and WILL roll up a follower of yours that is a promiss. You are more hands on with the cabal then any other Imm I can think of except Thror. I speak for many people when I say.....Thank you for everything.

Uller: You were very cool to me and always willing to give me rewards. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Every char up till now has never seen hide nor hair of you and this one was you were always willing to recognise me. Ive never had any desire to follow you but certainly have changed my thoughts there.

Sebeok: Ahh, my god. I "Interacted" with you on 2 occations. My empowerment, and my captain/tattoo day. My role didnt really dictate that I come to the shrine to speak with you often, or ever really. Much less preach the wonders of you. I just lived what I thought you wanted me to live. Told everyone about the importance of their instinct and whatnot, and many of my beliefs about Tribunal and whatnot came from my belief of a free spirit. Id like to know what you thought of the char if you dont mind.

Arehanah: You are great. You are not the cookie cutter Sylvan and I love that. At first we disagreed with our beliefs about Tribunal but my reasoning for that changed as well. I began to understand why it was alright for you to not hate them as a Sylvan. Most of my hatred for Tribunal came from more religious standpoint. Or rather how I percieved the religion.

Dharum/Caviezel: Both great chars, both so dynamic and ground breaking in their own way. I was happy to teach you what I could about druids inyour time with Dharum, and knew it was you with Caviezel. I can understand your frustration with some other sylvans and why you deleted each one. Your a damnimaginative and talented player.

Stelinsia: At first I respected you as a player but my character hated you because we just had different viewpoints. But after a while I just realised that I hated you with every fabric of my being. You started a ##### storm in Galadon evry time you logged on and consequently a war which resulted in more gangbangs then Ive seen from ANY scion boon. Yet, you were not so hot on dealing with what you started. God forbid you lose your gear. If I had to hear you say "Manacled" over CB one more time....what you really ment to say was "I just pissed in the punchbowl and Im outta here, good luck boys!" I told many people that you were CW, nobody believed be but it just smacked of a CW char. Cocky, bossy, reckless, felt people should automaticly Fall in behind her, etc. Guess I win the biscuit, but I should have uninducted you when I had the chance but something held me back. NO clue what.

Shalven: People say you were a jerk untill they got to know you. I didnt really get to know you since you would just not talk, and log off quickly. But I think my opinion goes right in line, you were a jerk.

Sassmi: Eh, sorry man but you seemed to be like a watered down Stelinsia. Bloodthirsty, cocky and found it hard to shut your mouth and open your ears. All the same I grew to like you alot and would have liked to teach you much more about the Druid class were you willing to learn. You were being fed lots of misinformation, I could tell. More then one warder came to me about disliking you but I saw potential in you. Main think people say is your just loud. Heh..ease up on the CB. Again, I like the char......good luck.

Sahanarra: Sayanora Sucka! Sorry..had to poke fun at the name. hehe. I liked you though, I wish you would come around more often. The pack all hunted together, you were more self sufficient, and always got results. I get the impression that this cahr has been around for a couple years. You were around when I played Macraseiel and back then you just popped up on radar, at hero already. Maybe even when I had Kribli. I like you though.

Axike: I like you a lot and wish I could spend more time with you. Your style is familiar and I am positive I know a past Sylvan char of yours.

Simyar: Didnt get to know you to well. I asked around about you, nobody seemed to know you well. I always just let you do your own thing since you got results. When I found out who played you on accident, I knew i was right. You were competant. You didnt like me and I can FULLY understand why. It sucks to get passed yo for leadership. In my time in CF it seems my chars that I dont feel deserve it, get it. And the ones I pour my heart and soul into get nothing. I liked your past chars big time and they all deserved leadership.

To all the rest of the Sylvans thanks for alot of memories. I hand picked each and every one of you to be the way I wanted Sylvan to be, and let you all know I wouldnt tolerate any deviation. No bloodthirst, No abuse of Beast Call, do your job. Sylvan is one of the last remaining cabals that actually has a purpose and JOB to do. (at the same time there will be no "patrols" if I have anything to say about it) We have responsibilities that if we shirk out on them, uninduction will follow. Tribunal is about the only other one with "work" to do anymore. Everyone else just has different flavors of PK.

TRIBS (The new Scion)
Garhizrus: We had some great great fights. Either I tore you a new one, or you tore me one. I can think of once up near the Inn and Azreth that we had some really fun exchanges. Gorach came along and I took that chance to finish you with him. Sorry about that but war is war. It saddened me to see you fall into all the Trib gangbangs with full looting/gear sacing. But I guess its true, warders fight together. Lots of finger pointing I guess. One thing I tried to do in my time as Captain is get us away from the "Sylvan Death Squad" reputation we have been plagued with for years. I made people answer for each fight they picked.

Noldruk: You are an ass. You acted like an absolute child to me IC and took every opportunity to not only gangbang me, but SPAM gangbang me, never returning a single piece of anything. Er...actually, I got 'the brains of Blimbali' once, you sacrificed the rest in front of me. You came to me for peace, I told you straight out that as long as you were around leading Tribs there would be no peace. When you die I will consider it. I think you should have been turned evil long ago from all I saw of you.

Kaebe: Lots of potential for a cool rivalry here. Mainly because I saw more of a brain in you then Noldruk. You had more competance then cranial spamming.

The rest Ulevyre aside, were just the ones who came when Noldruk did the "Blimbali knocked out (insert location here)" over CB. Dont think he ever once failed to knock me unconcious on first cranial. Damn near permalag as well for my gnomish head. Get knocked out, get gangbanged/full looted did get old.

MARAN
Abthalok, Karhon, Hazkal, Lydian and the rest: I liked you all tons. As I said in Karhon's goodbye thread, you were all willing to come to our aid at the drop of the hat. I never senced ANY hesitation in any of you. Would have liked to delve more into the RP of each of you though, but to be honest sitting around chewing the fat wasnt Blimbali's style, and likely not any of yours either.

RAGERS
Gruktik: Heard you were tough, killed you a couple times and didnt break a sweat either one. Light vuln has alot to do with that though.
Huraz: I really liked you. I said most of it in your goodbye note
Yror: You and I had alot of fun. You know I had your back.
Bryvac: At first I wasnt sure about you since you had a tough act to follow. You did well, I like you alot. As soon as I got the chance I set up an alliance between us and I hope that lives on still after my death. Village is good friends and we were of mutual aid to one another countless times.
Palesson: Almost heroed with you. You seemed to spend alot of time with us and thank you for that. I like ya alot. Very competant.
Owagwyn: We had great fights you and I, great great fights.
Ghraloch: You had a light vuln also but always seemed to get the jump on me and negate that. I remember whenyou jacked me in dwarf, tied me up, and drug me into the no_magic no_commune room. SMART SMART thinking! I loved that!

ORCS
Sogorimok, Harbik, Orgastoc: Each one of you was prepared to sit inside your village for game days on end. I underestimated your ability to do so. I eventully...would get bored and leave. You knew I was waiting in trap though and were smart to sit tight. For some damned reason every time I would have a nice little trap set up, Saldradien would log on, and ask me to come speak with him about something. I think he likes orcs!

SCION
Urden: We had a nice fight in Dwarf once. Other then that we didnt get a change to rumble at all.
Malgaris: I remember whopping on you and Rhevaen in the past at mid ranks but at hero, I seemed to be the whipping boy.
Rhevaen: Damned Shawtabies....damned damned Shawtabies. *Dismay*

Warlock
Imander: You and I liked each other and both knew deep down that we were supposed to be enemies. But I think we both saw potential to end the war between Warlock and Sylvan, and when our turns for leadership came we would make steps to do so. You faded away and I realised that peace will not likely happen any time soon.

Lardovian: Said it all in your death thread but I respected you alot.

Shila: Hard to say much since I only really had one speaking interaction with you, but you seemed dim to me. You got me a couple times, I got you a few, other then that I cant really comment much.

OTHERS=
Gorach and Wasarbre: You were both damned cool, I seemed to end up in your company from time to time.

Samtuka!: Ive managed to get near you with a couple chars now and you are just a great char. I can just envision you in front of me each time you are with me, not sure why. You should Imm *poke*

Gaplemo: If only you had used what I taught you about druids for good and not evil! I put off having to kick your ass for a long time, but it got to the point where your attacks on Sylvans couldnt be ignored any longer. So you got the pimpslap in your own trap on eastern. **RING** Druid class is now dismissed. Lots of luck though..

Leelodie: A newbie I believe. I used you to rank and was all to happy to consider you an enemy later on for attacking warders.

Vhengret: Nice char pre-Scion. You and I fell into unlikely partnership a couple times and you seemed willing to help us fight off some attacks. Never truly figured out where your loyalties were.

Wayfairah: Hrm.....we had issues, trying to think what they were...Oh ya. You abandoned me in Shadar, I told you I would make you pay for that. I told you again later that I still owed you. When I finally collected you just began to bitch ooc to me and threaten to delete. IMHO, worthless character.

Amora: YOU NEVER GAVE ME YOUR ROLE TO READ!!!!!!! I liked fighting you alot and as much as I know about druids could never seem to get the upper hand onyou. You taught me just how devestating they could be if you were suicidal enough.

Anyway, later everyone.

Oddjob

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 30-Oct-02 12:55 AM
Reply Farewell chap.., Rockbiter (Guest), 01-Nov-02 05:17 AM, #37
Reply You learned well grasshopper, Oddjob, 01-Nov-02 11:16 AM, #38
     Reply hey!, Belgorrin (Guest), 01-Nov-02 02:55 PM, #39
Reply RE: (DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder, Saldradien, 31-Oct-02 08:44 AM, #28
Reply Thanks again Sald, Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 10:40 AM, #30
Reply Peers at Saldradien, Sassmi (Guest), 31-Oct-02 11:52 AM, #34
Reply RE: (DEL) Blimbali Foxburr the Force of Nature, Warder, Uller, 30-Oct-02 07:06 PM, #23
Reply Hey thanks.., Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 10:29 AM, #29
Reply Toodles everyone!, Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:57 AM #1
     Reply Good work, Simyar, 30-Oct-02 01:14 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Phylanthorin (Guest), 30-Oct-02 01:32 AM, #3
     Reply Good luck with the concept., Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:14 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Abthalok (Guest), 30-Oct-02 01:38 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Noldruk, 30-Oct-02 01:43 AM, #5
     Reply We had a strange relationship., Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:32 PM, #17
          Reply RE: We had a strange relationship., Noldruk, 30-Oct-02 05:08 PM, #22
               Reply Ilyat's point of view., permanewbie, 30-Oct-02 09:58 PM, #24
                    Reply Not quite.., Nhernin (Guest), 31-Oct-02 12:58 AM, #26
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Sassmi (Guest), 30-Oct-02 02:57 AM, #6
     Reply Hehe, Belgorrin (Guest), 30-Oct-02 03:04 AM, #7
     Reply I debated mentioning you, Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:01 PM, #12
     Reply Nooo!, Arehanah (Guest), 30-Oct-02 07:39 AM, #8
     Reply Ya, I will miss Arehanah alot., Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:05 PM, #13
     Reply the grove......, Quiditus, 30-Oct-02 08:11 AM, #9
     Reply Toodles?! Sylvans don't say Toodles!, Ulthur, 30-Oct-02 08:48 AM, #10
     Reply Hah, I had forgotten about the flail thing..., Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:08 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Lightmage, 30-Oct-02 10:43 AM, #11
     Reply Bah, I dont do darkies well, Oddjob, 30-Oct-02 12:11 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:50 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Prendac, 30-Oct-02 02:26 PM, #19
     Reply As far as I know you are the lone Sunburst, Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 10:43 AM, #31
          Reply RE: As far as I know you are the lone Sunburst, Prendac, 31-Oct-02 02:18 PM, #36
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Brandulir (Guest), 30-Oct-02 03:12 PM, #20
     Reply Your memory is fuzzy.., Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 11:01 AM, #33
          Reply RE: Your memory is fuzzy.., Brandulir (Guest), 31-Oct-02 01:21 PM, #35
     Reply Sheesh, Gwimdorf, 30-Oct-02 03:22 PM, #21
     Reply Ahh my right hand man., Oddjob, 31-Oct-02 10:50 AM, #32
     Reply pot and kettles, Gruktik (Guest), 31-Oct-02 12:34 AM, #25
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Wayfairah (Guest), 31-Oct-02 01:30 AM, #27
     Reply Gnome Power!, Samtuka, 01-Nov-02 03:51 PM, #40
     Reply RE: Toodles everyone!, Alysrith, 06-Nov-02 08:46 PM, #41
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10621 Previous topic | Next topic