Subject: "Cexonza finally descends to her dark paradise." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139492
Show all folders

BellSat 01-Aug-20 10:09 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2005
100 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#139499, "Cexonza finally descends to her dark paradise."

What an incredibly fun, and moving, ride. Thanks to everyone who was part of it in whatever way. This was a comeback character that was never really supposed to be a main focus, but Emnon's challenge was too damn good not to get sucked into. I had been gone for about five years before Cexonza and had only been back a couple months when the character challenge came around. I remember specifically telling Emnon when I sent my "application" that I already had another character and wouldn't take this one very seriously. WRONG.

Between being a born again newb (e.g. I forgot to use protection potions, even though I always had them in my bag, for most of C's life.)and having being given a character who I initially had trouble find a "center" for, the first 100 hours were pretty hard. I caught three mob deaths at the same level somewhere in the mid twenties and almost bahleted, hehe. Luckily I'm a big fan of Outlander and was comfortable with shifter.

But it wasn't the mechanics that made breathed life into C, it was the story and the people in it. The current crop of Imms and current playerbase is really good. The character challenge was phenomenal. (Even though a bunch of you suckers bailed early!) I interacted with a LOT of people over 600 hours, and it was almost universally positive.

My memory is not the best, so there are going to be lots of names I don't remember. This doesn't mean I didn't think you were cool.

Emnon - Wow wow wow wow wow. Incredible all around, but especially the interactions. Hands down some of the spookiest #### I've ever experienced in CF. Thanks for everything. I hope you see this, and hope CF sees you back around sometime in the future in some form.

Daph - You're the best! Thanks for all the hand-holding and pushes in the right direction. I hope I was a decent follower/priest whatever, as there would be times even late in life that I wasn't really sure. You're interaction game is so strong, and I think you do a lot more one the edges for the IC content of the game than most people realize, so thanks. (small p.s.: I've only fully realized in the last day how closely parts of C's life tracked parts of Daph's. I'm sorry if this made my arc somewhat redundant for you, and I hope it wasn't too boring. Imitation as flattery, and all that. ;p)

Gaspare - Perfectly wickedly creepy and weird. The level of depth and detail you can weave into what you do is very impressive. Your followers are often some of the most interesting characters in the game, and I think that's partially to your credit. Thanks (I guess) in the early days for making Sel a basket-case, and thanks in the late days for picking up the slack and helping finish my story. Also thanks for the echos at the end (assuming they were you), they were masterful.

Ergush - I really appreciate you putting energy into a character that wasn't a follower of yours. I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in your ass, and thanks for not kicking C out. She really wanted to die an Outlander, but she knew she was walking a very thin line in making deals with devils.

Aylosi - You were a great antagonist, and you had a lot of influence on young C. I thought there was a lot of super cool potential in your religion, so I was sad to see it go. Hope you're still kicking around the fields.

Rahs - Even though we never "really" met, you had a lot of tangental influence. You did some really cool "puppetry" interactions, and your followers were some of C's biggest influences. Like Gaspare, the quality of your followers reflects well on you, I think. Also, your character challenge story was AWESOME, and I'm glad I got to be involved.

Mortals: Everyone C knew is dead for the most part, so I maybe already posted on your death thread. I'll keep this short, but please feel free to respond if we had good (or bad) times together.

Sel - What to even say? You made this character more than anyone else. You were the Clyde to my Bonny, the Harry to my Lloyd, the Chong to my Cheech. I was really impressed with how well you could sense where I was going with something and respond perfectly inappropriately. lol. Thanks, again.

Admund - My late life bestie! You were such a cool, deep, well fleshed out character. I had a lot of fun with you, and we did a few pretty cool things too, I think. Admund was crucial part of C's finale even if you may not have thought so, so thanks for that.

Aurew - Big sis! What an amazing character, I'm glad I got to be involved. You were C's mentor/big sis/shoulder to cry on when she was young and lost, and she never forgot you. Can't say enough what an awesome character you were.

Mae - We were around each other a lot, but only partially really got to know each other. I wonder if that was't intentional on your (character's) part. Either way, you're a cool character and a good Sunwarden. Tree seems to be doing really well under you, kudos.

Gruntner - My favorite dwarf (and I still didn't like you that much!). Really well played, I feel like you did a great job with the "Yeah we don't really like each other but we need to work together" vibe, and after Sel died C had a real soft spot for you.

Theo - Much the same as Grutner as far as quality level, but we decidedly could not work together once things heated up, and that was a really interesting dynamic to me.

Laurandt - What a cool little deal we had going on. Thanks for being part of that and going outside the box. I hope you didn't feel used.

Nuble - Good times. I'm sure I interacted with like 42 of your other characters, too, but I liked Nuble and we had fun.

Shaapa - I like your chars. Sekpek is the one that comes to mind immediately, but I know there were others I scrapped with along the way. People complain about you because you're relentless and good at it. You're hyperdrive nature can be overwhelming and funkilling sometimes for particular builds, but overall I think you're good for the game and I enjoy getting my teeth kicked in by whatever you're currently playing.

SO many awesome people I'm not getting to but I want to but I'm out of time for now. Maybe I'll supplement later if I can.

This game is awesome, there's nothing else like it. I hope I did my little part to make things more fun and/or interesting for the rest of you, because I sure as hell had a blast. Thanks to everyone who keeps this going, and I hope I can find some time to get back in the fields sooner rather than later.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Cexonza Drevas the Scarred Wido... [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 31-Jul-20 12:40 PM
Reply Didnt Interact much but thought you were cool, Llyion (Anonymous), 08-Aug-20 06:36 PM, #14
Reply Cexonza finally descends to her dark paradise., Bell, 01-Aug-20 10:09 AM #4
Reply Just wanted to echo what I said on Discord., Beroxxus, 01-Aug-20 10:22 AM, #5
Reply Congrats, Aztezul, 01-Aug-20 11:41 AM, #6
Reply what a baller character, Dallevian, 01-Aug-20 07:29 PM, #7
Reply Logged your wedding, was RP highlight, Mizor (Anonymous), 02-Aug-20 05:49 PM, #8
Reply RE: Cexonza finally descends to her dark paradise., Gaspare Gnazzo, 03-Aug-20 03:50 PM, #9
Reply Congratulations for such an awesome character., Emnon, 03-Aug-20 07:40 PM, #10
Reply RE: Cexonza finally descends to her dark paradise., Ergush, 04-Aug-20 06:20 AM, #11
Reply RE: Cexonza finally descends to her dark paradise., Admund (Anonymous), 06-Aug-20 06:57 AM, #12
Reply Such a perfect end to our tragedy., Sel (Anonymous), 06-Aug-20 08:10 PM, #13
Reply Maybe this is where it ends, Daphedee, 31-Jul-20 06:49 PM, #3
Reply Good one!, Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous), 31-Jul-20 01:48 PM, #2
Reply Echoes, Gaspare Gnazzo, 31-Jul-20 01:15 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139492 Previous topic | Next topic