Subject: "Edges: Follow Up" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2969
Show all folders

UmironMon 29-Dec-14 08:24 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2969, "Edges: Follow Up"
Edited on Mon 29-Dec-14 08:27 PM

Apologies for not posting this before the reboot.

After the recently changes to edge points I realized that I had not properly adjusted the formula and the result was the introduction of a bug that was giving people edge points for EXP/OXP under conditions under which they should not have received any. Due to the nature of the bug it was/is impossible to simply subtract the erroneously-rewarded points from EXP/OXP alone.

So what we did was attempt to recalculate how many EP a character should have based on all the things that contribute and which edges had already been selected.

This recalculation may not have resulted in no change for every single character, even if they weren't affected by the bug (which many were). Unfortunately, this is the best fix we could come up with.

If you were given one or more edges by an Immortal (i.e., you didn't 'discuss' it) or were rewarded a lump amount of edge points for a RC win or other kind of prize, please SEND A NOTE TO IMMORTAL telling us about it and we'll refund you the edge points you were debited. Note: any Immortal will be able to verify whether you are being honest or not.

Mini-FAQ (updated as questions come in)
---------------------------------------

Q: Is it possible my edge points were recalculated to a negative number?
A: Yes. For example if you erroneously received a bunch of edge points and spent them you may end up below zero. Earning more EPs will resolve this.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2969 Previous topic | Next topic