Subject: "Teleport Tweaks" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1082
Show all folders

KastellynWed 13-Dec-06 07:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1082, "Teleport Tweaks"

As of the next crash/reboot, it will be possible to teleport into some rooms that you cannot word or teleport out of. It will also be possible to teleport out of some rooms that you previously were unable to. This makes teleport slightly more dangerous than it used to be prior to the change.

Reason: Over the years, there have been a lot more teleport-friendly rooms added to the MUD then teleport-unfriendly rooms, thus significantly reducing the danger that should be inherent to the spell. I routinely use (and have seen others use) teleport as a lazy means of transportation rather than a last ditch means of escape, which was one of the intents of the spell.

I guarantee that I will be one of the first victims to teleport my still-lazy ass into the Pine Forest.

Usual caveat: Take all discussion to the Gameplay Forum, thanks!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTeleport Tweaks [View all] , Kastellyn, Wed 13-Dec-06 07:02 PM
Reply Yay. Bring back teh f34r of teleport. n/t, Eskelian, 17-Dec-06 05:05 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1082 Previous topic | Next topic