Subject: "Preps and Stuff:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1039
Show all folders

DaevrynFri 27-Oct-06 12:14 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1039, "Preps and Stuff:"

A group of changes that go together:

1) Your preferred haste potion/pill/food/whatever is probably gone now. That is, if you've got one, you've got one, but it probably won't reset ever again. Fortunately, so is most everyone else's.

Strange bracers and the like are still out there, and are probably worth stabbing your neighbor over more than ever. Class-based haste is still out there. Enhanced reactions is still out there if you're a warrior. Some haste staves/scrolls/wands are still out there, and you'll see a couple more of those pop up here and there over the next week or so. Some of these, like an existing haste scroll or two I can think of, have interesting drawbacks.

2) Haste is slightly less good across the board. On one hand, this is a little bad if you have haste as a class/cabal ability. On the other hand, haste in the rest of the world just got a lot less common, which is more than a little good for you.

3) The combination of damage reduction preps and healing is in most cases less good. This includes NPC healer healing, bard song healing, PC healer healing, natural HP regeneration, shifter form regeneration, lifesurge, etc. This follows the same general rules as object-based healing and the like in the past; abilities you possess aren't a problem, but that aura potion is going to inhibit HP recovery across the board just as it inhibits damage across the board.

4) NPC healer prices have been adjusted, generally making them cheaper.

5) Deathblow is slightly less good. Battle Resistance is slightly less good. There's an excellent chance some other Battle powers will be tweaked about as much in the next few days as we see how this washes out.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I think that's it. Prepping is therefore generally less possible and less useful across the board, hopefully leaving more time to RP, explore, and PK and a little less time gathering stuff.

If someone wants to discuss all this stuff, feel free to start a thread on Gameplay or something. All I'm going to ask is that before you panic and post about how much weaker your character just became, take a minute and think about how similarly weaker other characters also just became. It's possible there are angles we missed and some things that will need further adjusting to make this all balance, but we've been pondering most of this for a while now.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicPreps and Stuff: [View all] , Daevryn, Fri 27-Oct-06 12:14 AM
Reply RE: Preps and Stuff:, insta, 14-Nov-06 10:26 PM, #23
Reply A week or so later..., Daevryn, 03-Nov-06 12:27 AM, #22
Reply Area explore etc..., Daevryn, 18-Dec-06 10:20 PM, #24
Reply I like all blows to the prep system... So, Marcus_, 29-Oct-06 10:51 AM, #19
Reply RE: I like all blows to the prep system... So, Daevryn, 29-Oct-06 11:22 AM, #21
Reply I can't believe noone is posting they are upset., (NOT Pro), 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #15
Reply RE: I can't believe noone is posting they are upset., Daevryn, 28-Oct-06 10:26 PM, #17
     Reply I deleted as a result of these changes...however..., Gnarugk, 29-Oct-06 10:51 AM, #18
          Reply RE: I deleted as a result of these changes...however..., Daevryn, 29-Oct-06 10:56 AM, #20
Reply RE: Preps and Stuff:, v_vega, 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #14
Reply Wow. Just. Wow., Odrirg, 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #13
Reply Delete Delete., Astillian, 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #12
Reply I like the changes but one question...., Lightmage, 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #11
Reply RE: I like the changes but one question...., Daevryn, 28-Oct-06 10:25 PM, #16
Reply Thank you thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank..., Larcat, 27-Oct-06 04:33 PM, #8
Reply I love you. (n/t), Trilo, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #7
Reply Thank you (n/t), appelsien, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #6
Reply This is quite possibly the best change to come along in..., Vladamir, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #5
Reply Quick question..., Corilanth, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #4
Reply RE: Quick question..., Daevryn, 27-Oct-06 03:18 PM, #9
Reply Heh, Nightgaunt_, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #3
Reply Awesome. Thank you., GinGa, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #2
Reply RE: Awesome. Thank you., Daevryn, 27-Oct-06 03:19 PM, #10
Reply Tears of... joy! Quite seriously., GoodLuckDice, 27-Oct-06 02:22 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1039 Previous topic | Next topic