Subject: "Opinions vary..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #934
Show all folders

DaevrynSat 17-Feb-07 12:10 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#992, "Opinions vary..."

In mine, it depends.

If your character never really grows or changes in response to anything that happens in their life, probably you don't need any. But, how interesting is that?

Ultimately I'd rather see someone write a basic role and play the hell out of it in a way that makes the game fun for other people and raises the level of RP around them, than see someone write a basic role, not really play it, and provide updates... but that doesn't mean updates aren't potentially valuable.

A lot of the time when we're like "updates?" it's because the character as currently played seems to have meandered a fair bit from the character as described in the role and we're wondering how we got from point A to point B.

Some of the best updates in roles that won this time around involved talking about pretty big turning points in those characters' lives -- how and why they happened, how the character reacted to them. That's a good kind of update -- it tells me about something important that affects your RP. A play by play of every insignificant thing in your life I don't need to read.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicJanuary-ish Role Contest! [View all] , Daevryn, Tue 30-Jan-07 08:33 PM
Reply And We Have Winners!, Rayihn, 03-Feb-07 05:33 PM, #4
Reply Comments on the rest:, Rayihn, 05-Feb-07 01:45 PM, #5
     Reply Umm, I figured you guys might check mine too?, Victoria (Guest), 07-Feb-07 03:35 PM, #6
     Reply Oops:, Daevryn, 07-Feb-07 03:47 PM, #7
          Reply Ok, thanks, Victoria (Guest), 07-Feb-07 06:38 PM, #8
          Reply Updates?, A winner (Guest), 17-Feb-07 12:02 AM, #11
               Reply Opinions vary..., Daevryn, 17-Feb-07 12:10 AM #12
     Reply RE: Comments on the rest:, Rosbanin (Guest), 08-Feb-07 02:04 AM, #9
          Reply Didn't read it., Daevryn, 08-Feb-07 02:08 AM, #10
Reply Can't log on but would like to enter, Victoria (Guest), 01-Feb-07 11:15 AM, #3
Reply Question, Nightwiggler (Guest), 31-Jan-07 12:32 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Question, Daevryn, 31-Jan-07 12:33 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #934 Previous topic | Next topic