Subject: "December, Yuletide, and all things chilly" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #3044
Show all folders

IshuliFri 01-Dec-23 06:22 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3044, "December, Yuletide, and all things chilly"
Edited on Fri 01-Dec-23 06:23 PM

December is a special time on Carrion Fields where we celebrate the upcoming new year, the gifts that keep giving (the players!), and the opportunity to wear santa-styled hats while making an overabundance thematic holiday references.

But this year is special.

Oh goodness, what's that sound?
*A jingling noise is heard in the distance*
Why, players, listen - it's coming closer!
*The jingling comes closer, circling around you as a joyful laugh can be heard.*
Why, look at that, it’s the Spirit of Yuletide!

*A fully gold-colored knight lands on the ground nearby: a billowing flag in his hand, a red hat on his head, and lights tangled across his body.*

“Yes, yes, no, no, yes”, says the Knight.
Yes and no to what, Spirit of Yuletide?
“OH! Hello there Ishuli and audience, I didn’t see you there. I was just making a new character and answering questions about its name.”
You silly knight, now isn’t the time to be making characters, you’re supposed to be giving us our brand new seasonal gift!
“Oh, right, that thing…” *The knight pauses, trying to figure out if the present is in his sack, girdle, or floating chest. “Aha! Here it is.”
Yay! What did you get us this year?
“Well, it’s a gift that just felt right. I really enjoyed October. There were lots of murdered mages – I mean, uhh, I meant to say there were a lot of fun characters. Yeah. That. So I decided to add a familiar twist to the month.”
You can’t mean… Really, Spirit of Yuletide and totally not just CF’s iconic logo with holiday clothes on, you can’t mean that you got us…
“I DID! This month there are special, seasonal things you can get. From Yuletide themed forms to familiars and even more. These presents are received by the good little players who aren’t on the naughty list.”
What’s the naughty list?
“No idea, I just made it up. Just play those classes and you’ll have a chance to receive those special gifts!”
Wow, thanks Yuletide Spirit! And here I thought you were going to pull me into a portal that takes me to your demi-plane where I’d be murdered by angry planar residents.
*The Spirit wields The Axe of Giving*
*Ishuli flees*.

All of that goofyness to say: enjoy a gift from us to you which includes more special things to find and figure out this month. I hope you’re lucky enough to be the first to find, and first to solve, as there is no greater present than being just that dang cool.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #3044 Previous topic | Next topic