Subject: "A wonderful showing." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2988
Show all folders

MoriusSat 26-Dec-20 10:05 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2018
25 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2989, "A wonderful showing."

To see last year's summary, see Ishuli's post at http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=25&topic_id=2961&mesg_id=2962&page=

This year thirty three off you hungry souls came to receive a gift, and each were given one. Unlike last year, far more of you received presents rather than coal this time.

Just like before, each participant flipped a coin. If 'heads', then you received a random edge from your class list. If 'tails', a random flaw from the flaw list.

Of the 33 recipients...
22 received edges
11 received flaws

Also unlike last year, at least two people deleted as a result of what they got. Tragic, as last year there were none.

I hope all who joined in enjoyed themselves, but I am sad to say this is likely the last time I will run this event. While the first year went absolutely delightfully, this time there were a number of difference.

1 - People deleted this time, sometimes immediately, unlike the first year.
2 - A large number of people tried to game the event by coming multiple times with alts.
3 - A number of people ranked up characters using double-xp JUST to do this today.
4 - A number of people used throwaway alts rather than their main characters for this.
5 - A number of characters were all particularly low level, thus easily deletable in case of a flaw.

The first year had an amazing number of dedicated participants who brought serious characters to the table and took a real risk. This time as the event went on, I noticed more and more people bypassing the spirit of this whole risky situation. And so what was meant to be charitable instead encouraged throwaway alts, deletions, and rapid ranking just today to try and rush the event with a new character... When my sweet and giving heart intended none of the above.

For those reasons, I will try and think of something more fitting for another holiday instead. For those who did take part though, I do hope you enjoy your gifts.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA Merry Morian Holiday [View all] , Morius, Fri 25-Dec-20 11:37 AM
Reply A wonderful showing., Morius, 26-Dec-20 10:06 PM #1
     Reply RE: A wonderful showing., Zendrac (Anonymous), 27-Dec-20 08:39 AM, #2
     Reply RE: A wonderful showing., Amora, 27-Dec-20 09:51 AM, #3
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2988 Previous topic | Next topic