#2982, "NEW: 2020-2021 Character Challenge" Edited on Tue 15-Sep-20 01:12 PM
I'm opening applications for a new Character Challenge event. DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 31.
This will be different than previous challenges. It will be more tightly controlled in some ways than previous challenges, so you will need to be okay with that.
- There will be a limited number of slots (maximum of ten) for "main characters" thoroughly designed by me. There will be plenty of other opportunities to join in with mortals or any of numerous peripheral characters, so read on.
- Players must commit to playing PRIMARILY the Character Challenge character over the course of the quest. Alternate characters should not be played more than 25% of the time; as such, if you're playing a leader character, it would be advisable either to step down or not participate. ** This event will probably kick off in December, so you have plenty of time to play your current characters through. **
- If you played a character who deleted or fizzled out prematurely in the previous challenge, I would ask you not to enter in this one. If you really think this time is different, go ahead and apply, but be honest with yourself (and me); I spent many hours on certain characters that went nowhere and made the previous challenge less than it could have been, and that was incredibly frustrating.
- I will be placing development milestone dates on the Carrion Fields Event Calendar. There will be deadlines for:
* Rolling the character * Advancing the character to level 20 * Advancing the character to level 40 * Advancing the character to level 47/51
The deadlines will be quite reasonable. Failing to meet them, however, will result in your character being written out of the challenge or taken away. This is not a punishment, but will be necessary for keeping the challenge operating smoothly for everyone.
Finally, if you ARE NOT selected for a primary challenge character, but still want to be involved, you will have two options:
1) If you express interest, I will have a list of less fleshed-out characters available to you that could be worked into the overall plot. These characters would not necessarily have a central role. That said, if some primary challenge characters delete, get boring or go MIA, your role might become more central - especially if your character turns out to be really interesting.
2) Play whatever you want, socialize, and involve yourself in everything strange you see. If you really want to become involved in the story, you will.
NOTE: I am not looking for only the elite, uber-PKers and uber-RPers. I will have characters available for people of all skill levels and playstyles. It will be a varied group!
Thanks, and good luck!
To apply, copy and paste the following into an email and send it to email@example.com with the subject CHARACTER CHALLENGE:
1) Were you involved in a past Character Challenge (Y/N)?
a) If yes, what was your Character Challenge character's name?
2) How would you rate your PK ability, from 1 (total newb) to 10 (PK god)?
3) How would you rate your area knowledge from 1 (where's my guild?) to 10 (I can lead through hell with a blindfold on)?
4) How much do you enjoy roleplaying from 1 (all my characters are deaf and mute) to 10 (my roleplay is so good, it's contagious!)?
5) How many hours per week do you play?
6) What are your most active hours, generally, in system time?
7) I LOVE playing ______________
8) I would absolutely HATE playing ____________________
9) If you are selected, would you agree to play PRIMARILY (75% plus) the challenge character designed for you (Y/N)?
10) How badly would you feel if your challenge character con-died or was otherwise killed off unexpectedly?
11) If you are not selected, would you be interested in receiving a loosely defined character and role that would have a substantial secondary, or possibly primary, role in the quest (Y/N)?