Subject: "Rules Specifics for Short Story Contest" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2837
Show all folders

Saeorad (Anonymous)Wed 19-Apr-17 02:51 PM
Charter member
#2837, "Rules Specifics for Short Story Contest"

Here you will find the nitty gritty of how I organize the contest in case you are curious! The entire goal was to somewhat mimic the Pechakucha presentations, which are slideshow Ted like talks made to be quick. Hopefully people are enjoying the flow of the presentations as they are not too short but not too long!

1. Stories should be between 8 and 30 lines long.
2. Stories should be recited within about 5 minutes, though it is important to moderate it to not be too quick too as some people don't have scrollback or logging and will miss it if you put it all at once.
3. Topic may be of anything the presenter wishes to impart.
4. Format may be of any type such as story, comedy, parable, song, prayer, etc.
5. About one minute will be given between stories for people to quiet down.
6. Announcement of contest should be announced not later than 1 week prior to contest.
7. Entries should be made by sending a note to the organizer with the title of the work to be presented.
8. Entries may select a proxy to tell the story for them if they cannot enter, but the proxy cannot be telling a story of their own and can only tell one story to ensure that players aren't cheating the system.
9. The contest will not be held if less than 2 presenters enter and no more than 10 presenters may enter.
10. In person presenters will be given priority to proxies in the case of too many entries.
11. In the case of too many entries order of entries provided will be used and those past 10 will be on a waiting list to present at the event.
12. Time should be about one to one and a half hours to complete. Event will begin by 15 minutes after start time whether all contestants are present or not.
13. Votes will be given by all in the audience so long as they were there for all stories.
14. Each audience will vote on for their first, second and third favorite stories, but cannot vote for their own.
15. Each first vote will be 3 points, second 2 points, and third 1 points. Immortals votes will carry 50% more so 4.5, 3, and 1.5 points respectively.
16. The individual with the most points will be first place, second most second place, and third most third place.
17. A character can only win first place once and second place twice. Third place is always open to be won.
18. In the event of ties I will discuss it with the Immortal host to make a decision.
19. Event should be held once per month, ideally to be in the second half of month that is not a rolecontest.
20. Rewards will be given by the host Immortal and are at their discretion. So far I've seen charms of knowledge, and I assume immexp, amounts based on win position and also possibly lastnames/long room descriptions, but at the end it will be at the Imms discretion what they feel is acceptable as I have no control over this and don't really know what has been given up to this point.

I tried to think on how best to keep it fun, fair and interesting and mostly in the hands of the players on who wins so I hope everyone is enjoying it and look forward to seeing you all at the next one! If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know.

Saeorad

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2837 Previous topic | Next topic