Subject: "Character Challenge! (July Role Contest)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2739
Show all folders

AmarantheSun 14-Apr-13 06:09 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2739, "Character Challenge! (July Role Contest)"
Edited on Sun 14-Apr-13 06:38 PM

I'm running the July Role Contest, and to do something different, I'll be running a character challenge!

How it Works

Submit the below application to amaranthe@carrionfields.com by May 1st, with the subject line "Character Challenge".

- Sometime in early June, you will receive your character challenge assignment via e-mail. This assignment will give you a basic character concept and character goals, but it will be up to you to fill in the details.

- Roll up your character at your convenience, and write a complete role that is constructed around the details given in your character challenge. You must use the name I assign you (or on the off-chance the character name is not allowed, some similar variation of the name) so I can easily identify your participation in the challenge.

- In July, I will run the role contest, which will be exclusive to character challenge characters.

- Imms or others concerned with their identity influencing the outcome are welcome to submit an application with a pseudonym/generic e-mail. (Though I promise to be objective regardless.)

Winners will be selected based on a combination of how well their stories were written as a role given their challenge, and how well the role has been roleplayed. Most participants should have enough time to include some role updates with how their storyline has progressed.

Character challenges may include flaws, role quirks, long-term goals, or role essentials that are interconnected with other participants in the challenge.

Application:

- For this challenge, you will be assigned a specific character. Please list any options you find unplayable in terms of your enjoyment of CF. (Examples: Refuse to play empowerment classes. Can't stand invokers because of their mechanic. Prefers to avoid cabal membership. Cabal conflict extremely important. Etc.)

- Are there any hard roleplaying restrictions you'd like to set? (Zero interest in a romance storyline, hate roleplaying a particular gender, uncomfortable roleplaying evil, etc.)

- On a scale of 1 to 10, how large a role do you wish to PK to play in your character? (10 = notorious killer, 1 = total pacifist )

- On a scale of 1 to 10, how do you rate your current RP ability?

- Are you willing to play with a serious flaw? If so, which one(s)?

- What are your typical play days & times? (This may be considered if your character challenge ends up linked with another participant's challenge. A nemesis, sibling, etc.)

- Is there anything else you'd like me to consider before I construct your character challenge? Specific class, race, or cabal requests will be considered, but not guaranteed. But do tell me if there are any dealbreakers; contest aside, this challenge will be the most fun if everyone who applies commits to participating, at least for a couple months. If I assign you a necromancer and then you delete at level 5 because you can't stand playing necromancers, it's a waste of your time and mine, and potentially diminishes the enjoyment of other players who may have character challenges that I linked to your character. I want to give you a challenge, but also something you will enjoy.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicCharacter Challenge! (July Role Contest) [View all] , Amaranthe, Sun 14-Apr-13 06:09 PM
Reply I was wondering why lowbies were getting titles =(, Voralian, 11-Jun-13 12:24 PM, #26
Reply RE: I was wondering why lowbies were getting titles =(, Amaranthe, 12-Jun-13 10:13 AM, #27
Reply This whole thing is so awesome. Major thumbs up. nt, Swordsosaurus, 11-Jun-13 12:24 PM, #24
Reply Is it too late?, Slack, 11-Jun-13 12:24 PM, #23
Reply Character Assignment Releases, Amaranthe, 15-May-13 01:12 AM, #13
Reply Really loving this entire idea., wareagle, 30-May-13 12:49 PM, #14
Reply Update, Amaranthe, 28-May-13 04:37 PM, #15
     Reply you're awesome but, Dallevian, 30-May-13 12:49 PM, #16
     Reply RE: you're awesome but, Amaranthe, 30-May-13 08:13 PM, #19
     Reply Verifying participation, Contestant (Anonymous), 30-May-13 12:49 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Verifying participation, Amaranthe, 30-May-13 08:10 PM, #18
          Reply No worries, late is fine. , Contestant (Anonymous), 01-Jun-13 11:38 AM, #21
               Reply RE: No worries, late is fine. , Amaranthe, 01-Jun-13 03:10 PM, #22
                    Reply did you get my email? nt, Me? (Anonymous), 11-Jun-13 12:24 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Update, Brian S, 01-Jun-13 11:38 AM, #20
Reply Last Call and Participation Verification, Amaranthe, 29-Apr-13 06:44 PM, #12
Reply Just a few days left.., Amaranthe, 25-Apr-13 12:13 PM, #11
Reply I wish I played more :(, TMNS, 21-Apr-13 11:19 AM, #9
Reply I got permission from the wife just to participate, Tac, 22-Apr-13 12:24 PM, #10
Reply Teaser, Amaranthe, 20-Apr-13 09:00 AM, #8
Reply Curse you :) This is an AWESOME thing you are doing her..., Bajula, 15-Apr-13 10:10 AM, #2
Reply Investment..., Amaranthe, 15-Apr-13 10:38 AM, #5
Reply Addendum: Existing Characters, Amaranthe, 14-Apr-13 06:59 PM, #1
     Reply Question?, lasentia, 15-Apr-13 10:10 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Question?, Amaranthe, 15-Apr-13 10:15 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Addendum: Existing Characters, Rodriguez, 17-Apr-13 08:01 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Addendum: Existing Characters, Amaranthe, 17-Apr-13 11:53 AM, #7
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #2739 Previous topic | Next topic