Subject: "Comments" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1637
Show all folders

CorrlaanFri 27-Feb-09 12:03 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1647, "Comments"

Well essentially I didn't keep many 'notes' perse on each individual entrant. I grade on a really loose scale of

Below Average..Average...Above Average..and Exceptional.

Weed out some entries, then sort of start the process again by going back over and deciding who stands out.

What I can give you is general Role Contest Winning Strategies for the future. Keep in mind that this is me talking and not the other immortals but I would HOPE that all in all we are looking for generally similiar qualities.

First off, Creativity. Updates are fine...Got Squire..I'm Happy. Talked to my God...it made me feel good. That's all fine and good but I want to picture the moment in my mind.

You have to paint the picture with words and in my opinion the one or two paragraph brief recount of an interaction with the god and how it made the character feel just lacks in creativity. Most of the Above Average and Exceptional Roles create a whole scene with great imagery and storytelling based around that one moment in the characters life.

If I start looking at your role, and you have 20 chapters all about a paragraph long just about snippets of the development of your character. That's a great informative role for the immortals to learn about your character at a glance. IMHO it's not a role contest winning role.

I actually graded a couple roles that had only 3 or 4 chapters in the entire life of the character but all were excellent stories, great reads, superb imagery. I always like when they tie in the geography and history of CF into their stories. Obviously you are citizens of Thera...this is YOUR history, and YOUR world. Your formative years should encompass some part of that world.

I guess I started this post thinking I would come up with many pieces of advice but I'd really like the other immortals to say what they like as well. And really for me..its about simple, straightforward storytelling. Creativity, imagery, etc.

Thanks again all for entering and keep up the great work.

Corr

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicFebruary Role Contest Winners [View all] , Corrlaan, Wed 25-Feb-09 12:29 PM
Reply Comments, Corrlaan, 27-Feb-09 03:44 PM #10
Reply RE: February Role Contest Winners, Xanthrailles, 27-Feb-09 07:20 AM, #9
Reply RE: February Role Contest Winners, Artificial, 27-Feb-09 03:44 PM, #11
Reply Prizes, Corrlaan, 28-Feb-09 11:21 AM, #12
     Reply I couldn't tell what my prize was?, Winner (Guest), 28-Feb-09 05:00 PM, #13
          Reply If you were top 4 you got a note., Corrlaan, 01-Mar-09 05:06 PM, #14
Reply Comments? :D, Zubi (Guest), 25-Feb-09 10:51 PM, #5
Reply RE: Comments? :D, Isildur, 26-Feb-09 10:38 PM, #8
Reply Oh Please STOP encouraging Malthalia! ~, Abernytee (Guest), 25-Feb-09 06:00 PM, #3
Reply You will note..., Malthalia (Guest), 26-Feb-09 10:50 AM, #7
Reply I had orc lovin in there!! nt, Ghriz (Guest), 25-Feb-09 02:19 PM, #2
Reply So, when's the March Contest? j/k, NextContest (Guest), 25-Feb-09 01:56 PM, #1
     Reply March, Corrlaan, 25-Feb-09 10:51 PM, #4
     Reply March. n/t, Twist, 25-Feb-09 08:24 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1637 Previous topic | Next topic