Subject: "RE: I'm curious.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1587
Show all folders

NeltoudaSun 21-Dec-08 10:27 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1594, "RE: I'm curious.."

First, I'll just give the disclaimer that role contests are subjective, someone else reading your or anyones might see it differently. Second, Roles aren't just about winning contests and getting rewards or even for imm enjoyment, they're for the player first. At least in my opinion, I find that if I have a role with the full character map that my experience with other players and my experience in game is greatly enhanced by my role play. So what's in a character map?

Just the basic questions. Where are you from? Who are your parents? What is your sphere and why (this is a big one)? What cabal are you wanting to go into if any at all and why? Are you going to follow a religion and why? What is your class and why, and if you have some sort of customization in that class and why? What is the general personality of the character and why? Does the character have any special quirks etc.? How does all of the above tie together, and how is it going to motivate the character's future? I can go on, but those are the basic questions that I believe a role should answer. These are also questions that when I am writing a role I make an outline with before I even write a single sentance.

I really think general background, sphere, religion, cabal and class should be covered for just an average role. When you start getting into more complex things like some nice personality traits and amitions, then that usually puts it more above average.

If you want anything specific about your role, feel free to e-mail me.

neltouda@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDecember Role Contest winners posted anywhere? nt [View all] , December Role (Guest), Mon 15-Dec-08 06:14 PM
Reply Winners and Comments here, Neltouda, 21-Dec-08 07:23 PM, #1
     Reply I'm curious.., Java, 21-Dec-08 08:05 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I'm curious.., Neltouda, 21-Dec-08 10:28 PM #3
          Reply Good stuff.., Java, 21-Dec-08 11:35 PM, #4
     Reply Appreciate the feedback, Nererial (Guest), 29-Dec-08 10:35 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1587 Previous topic | Next topic