Subject: "that's why I wondered about comments" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1340
Show all folders

Loser (Guest)Mon 03-Dec-07 05:45 PM

#1345, "that's why I wondered about comments"

1) Never going to know what was 'better' about the winning roles if you don't get comments.

2) When I've read winning roles in PBF's I haven't generally been blown away that the roles were that much (or in some cases, any) better than what I had written.

I realize that there's a huge amount of subjectivity involved in that my tastes in role style may not be yours and there's no right or wrong in that kind of subjectivity about who's role is better. It's like arguing whether Azimov was a better author than Herbert; it depends on what you like to read. And I'm not slighting the judges in their choices.

But not making the top 10% with what I thought was an original and decently written role makes me say 'bleh' and not bother with worrying about it any further.

And yes, I know that's not what roles are orignially intended for. But I could do a much simpler and straightforward role in 5 or 6 lines that would get the message across instead of making something interesting to read as well. When I kill off this PC, I'll buy the PBF's for my last couple of role contest entrants and you guys and judge for yourselves.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThrak's role contest [View all] , Wondering (Guest), Fri 30-Nov-07 07:30 PM
Reply Thrak's role contest Results, Thrakburzug, 02-Dec-07 02:23 PM, #1
     Reply Should we pray in game, or do you just find us? n/t, Dungard (Guest), 03-Dec-07 02:42 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Should we pray in game, or do you just find us? n/t, Aubrei (Guest), 03-Dec-07 07:23 PM, #7
     Reply Are you planning on posting comments?, Loser (Guest), 03-Dec-07 12:41 PM, #3
          Reply the problem, Laxminator (Guest), 03-Dec-07 04:59 PM, #4
          Reply that's why I wondered about comments, Loser (Guest), 03-Dec-07 07:23 PM #5
          Reply Seconded, DurNominator, 03-Dec-07 07:23 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1340 Previous topic | Next topic