Subject: "Role Contest Winners - Sept!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1289
Show all folders

RayihnSun 14-Oct-07 07:05 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1289, "Role Contest Winners - Sept!"

Hey all,

Sorry for the delays on this particular role contest! Because of these delays, I've changed up the reward style a little. There are three tiers - Winners, runner ups, and honorable mentions. Winners got large prizes, runners up got standard couple of prizes, and the honorable mentions get a small prize such as title, last name, or edge.

Winners (In no particular order):
Avrek
Djrra
Ilmdrin
Clarisandrie

Runners:
Elahrairas
Duujai
Bhroduul
Tratok
Sharwin
Ravenar
Fjarn
Siloreelo

Honorables:
Uldrivian
Perdray
Nayr
Akeleacd
Fobrin
Adina
Naamahn
Krengrar
Elzeeandera
Jazwen
Marbeliel
Brollos
Sithorion
Sebath
Braemir
Pesawwkt

Comments:

Avrek – nice look at the downside of Battle, really well written. I love the story.

Uldrivian – seems like a cool start with the familiar stuff in the family but doesn’t tie it back to the character very well. I like that he laid out intentions, locations, etc.

Perdray – I love the unique concept, but I wish there was more meat to this lengthy role. Has a lot of stuff I don’t need to know without telling me the whys and the reasons. I also would like to see the conflict there of why you’re that alignment and what it does to worship a diametrically aligned god. The goals are good.

Cyisom - Deleted

Nayr – Nice role, I like the involvement of race + city. Very lap fixated and that’s ok. Would have liked a little more reasoning on why you became a necro than “Man, those zombies are sweet.”

Silo – Probably a runner up. Starts with a good story but tapers off into definitions of stuff instead of continuing the story. The goals in the last chapter are ok though it’s generally safe to assume that anyone who enters last name in would like to see it some day as a reward.

Akeleacd – pretty solid concept all around, though I think I would have liked to have seen more of what turns this guy super evil than a little neglect. Bad seed?

Haebum – con dead

Elahrairas – Probably a runner up, good role all around. I’d have liked to have seen the same thing I mentioned with Perdray – a little explanation for your align and worshipping a diametrically opposed god. There’s not much in this role that explains why you chose to become a paladin and the way you describe your personality would have made me think NOT a paladin. Had that been in there this would have been a winner.

Fobrin – I like the avengers theme, heh. Little updates are good.

Adina – Nice little story, would be nicer to see her actual personality written into it instead of just her fathers.

Duujai – Very nicely written story, updates, and detail on goals. First chapter is a little lengthy and subsuquently affected by one of our memory leak role bugs.

Bhroduul – Nicely written, well spaced so it’s easier to read. The individual chapters get a little longer, maybe think about breaking up the next one you write a little better. Runner up for sure, possibly winner. At the very least I’ll make sure he gets the thing he should get in the role.

Tratok – This role is amazingly long and jumps around quite a bit. I like the ideas in it though. This is the kind of role I assume Daevryn would like a lot.

Naamahn – Nice all around role, probably a small reward deserving runner up. Nothing too flashy or meaningful, but still gives some nice background.

Niebak – I think you may have been on drugs when you wrote this role. Not sure, mind you, but I think. Once I figured out what I think you were trying to do I think I sort of like it. But I’m not quite sure and it’s hard to tell. Could have said what you were trying to say…less…wordy. Or something.

Sharwin – You spelled your name wrong in the third chapter. Other than that I dig the role, though it’d be nice if it explained your cabal app choice and sphere a little better.

Krengrar – Good role, longer. Probably deserves a small reward.

Ravenar – One of my winners/runners up

Jeidi – Lots of role, doesn’t say a whole lot. Nicely written but I’m not sure the point entirely.

Fjarn – Nice wind god role. Deserves some sort of wind god related reward.

Elzeeandera – Plus a ton of points for using the word
tintinnabulation in a role, minus points for misspelling it.

Teutonium – Longish role, doesn’t tell me a lot. Granted, points for it not being a battle role about mages burning down your village, but I like to see SOME reason in a role.

Linaeren – good updates, not as good as the first few gems.

Djrra – Nice ranger role for your alignment. Well written, though I’d suggest next time breaking that one really long chapter up into a few different ones to make it easier to read.

Yrillbink – This role could use a lot more substance to explain more about what the char’s looking for and trying to do.
Rywald – Nice, basic Trib role. Could add a little flair to make it more interesting.

Tyrelia - deleted

Clarisandrie – Interesting role, good conflict there, though I would expect her to be a little more conflicted in the middle of the conflict? I’d call this a winner.

Jazwen – Journal style role. Small reward deserver.

Rioko – Not a bad role, not a lot of substance or explanation though.

Marbeliel – Nice all around religious role.

Brollos – Nice wood elfish role. Nothing very flashy about it.

Sithorion – Nicely written role of a trip down memory lane. I like the style change up.

Durzan – This role is extremely difficult for me to read. Please consider adding some spacing next time. I think there’s good content in here but that large block of text makes my eyes cross.

Iseng – Nice little role, small reward deserver

Xinrithil – I love you man and I love your role. You know it.

Sebath – I had this role last time I Ran a role contest. It’s not bad, generally good ideas though they could use a little more substance. I like the layout.

Kebe – Nice shortish role, doesn’t too much explain the choice of sphere, class, cabal, mostly just explains murder. Which is ok!

Ilmdrin – one of the winners, I like the role and the character, it’s all well written

Braemir – Nice general paladin role, could use small corrlaanish reward

Pesawwkt – general goodie arial role

Gaspar – I like this role but I wish it had more to do with the actual character Gaspar. Small reward time!

Winners will get a note in game saying their rewards.

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRole Contest Winners - Sept! [View all] , Rayihn, Sun 14-Oct-07 07:05 PM
Reply Thank you!, Batu (Guest), 14-Oct-07 11:07 AM, #6
Reply Erm, Tyrilia (Guest), 28-Sep-07 02:49 PM, #5
Reply Thanks for the feedback., AnimalFarm, 28-Sep-07 02:49 PM, #4
Reply Sorry about the length of the role, Tratok (Guest), 28-Sep-07 02:49 PM, #3
Reply So since August contest got messed up on timing...., Just wondering (Guest), 08-Sep-07 08:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: So since August contest got messed up on timing...., Rayihn, 08-Sep-07 08:32 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Topic #1289 Previous topic | Next topic