Subject: "Saurian inherent acute vision vs the skill" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25320
Show all folders

Simple Saurian (Anonymous)Sat 25-Nov-23 11:35 AM
Charter member
#25320, "Saurian inherent acute vision vs the skill"

This is my first saurian I'm playing and I've noticed that I cannot see creatures in the wilds as the inherent says I should be able to. I am a Ranger, btw. I cannot practice acute vision because it wont allow me. I'm already inherent in it.

I couldn't see a dark elf ranger on the who screen and I had detect invisible up. This ranger should always be visible to me, but was not. Then after a few minutes, they appeared on the who screen again, but not on the bottom as if they lost link, or logged out and then back on. This ranger was five or six spaces up from the bottom. I should be able to see this ranger all the time, but I could not. That happened two times and I prayed about it.

Next I was in the fields/plains/trail which I can creep around in, but I could not see a thief that was just hiding in the room. This thief could just go in and out of hiding from my eyes to throw dust on me and then hide again. I thought a saurian could see anyone hidden in the wilds. That's what the help file says. Thieves shouldn't be exempt in this, should they? Battlefields in the plains he was just hiding in the wilds while I was next to him and I couldn't see him.

Again, this is my first saurian, but their vision should be able to see everything in the wilds, right? I know I cannot see invisible creatures unless I have detect invis up, but anyone hiding, or sneaking should be visible to me.

There's a difference between saurian acute vision, and the skill acute vision. I dont have the same vision as a saurian I would as another felar with acute vision. At least that's what it feels like.

Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSaurian inherent acute vision vs the skill [View all] , Simple Saurian (Anonymous), Sat 25-Nov-23 11:35 AM
Reply void, and plains, Dallevian, 27-Nov-23 04:41 PM, #3
Reply RE: Saurian inherent acute vision vs the skill, Bemused, 26-Nov-23 09:16 AM, #2
Reply Seems fine., Ishuli, 25-Nov-23 08:01 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25320 Previous topic | Next topic