Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Santa Umishuli 2023
Topic subjectRemove powers on login with no item or item loss
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=79&topic_id=127
127, Remove powers on login with no item or item loss
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So when I was playing Yfetris, I always made sure to despoil right before logging off because it would give me ample time to retrieve while still having despoil. I would also pray that if my item was being taken it was when despoil was low on timer so I could recast it before the scepter was downed.

This feels like degenerate gameplay.

I think it would be healthier to remove all powers on item loss/login with no item, not just active ones.

So if fort loses the orb, mantle is dispelled. If maran logs in without orb, mantle is dispelled. Same for blade of the codex, despoil, whatever else.

Thank you and happy holidays!
170, Partial present
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Neither Umi or I are adverse to this as a basic idea.
BUT we also don't mind the idea of someone logging in and having their powers for a little bit to figure out what is even going on.

So we're going to try something which we can review later.

If you log in WITHOUT your cabal item then if you have any current cabal powers on you, they will be cut in duration.
128, RE: Remove powers on login with no item or item loss
Posted by VitriolicStream on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I do the exact same thing. I kind of like the idea, though of course the ones hit the hardest by this are villagers. It makes sense but I expect it'll make playing the underdog suck even more, wouldn't it?