Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Santa Zulg 2012
Topic subjectGossamer wings and goblins
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=72&topic_id=217
217, Gossamer wings and goblins
Posted by Goblin believes he can fly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would love if goblins, being the same size as svirf/gnomes, could use gossamer wings as well.

Thank you for all of your hard work, happy holidays!

233, Santa Zulg brings you coal (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
242, Roughly on this topic...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Any interest in (I'm guessing not) in making certain gear size dependent instead of race dependent since the size factor (for giants and gnomes) seems to be the limiting factor on that gear rather than being particularly race specfic.

Also, on a completely unrelated note that doesn't belong here... Goblins don't get any armor use or aiming skills, which most other classes get. Oversight?
263, Santa Zulg partially abides
>Any interest in (I'm guessing not) in making certain gear
>size dependent instead of race dependent since the size factor
>(for giants and gnomes) seems to be the limiting factor on
>that gear rather than being particularly race specfic.

I've made it an option for area authors (size_small_only, size_medium_only, size_large_only). I won't be going through and retrofitting anything with it.

>Also, on a completely unrelated note that doesn't belong
>here... Goblins don't get any armor use or aiming skills,
>which most other classes get. Oversight?

You'll have to ask Scarabaeus.
267, Out of curiosity with this..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How will that effect people who use reduce/enlarge preps?

Will their equipment fall off when they raise or lower size? If not, could they just quaff a reduce to wear gnome gear, then just keep it on until they die/remove it? Or does it specifically apply to "natural" size?
271, RE: Out of curiosity with this..
>How will that effect people who use reduce/enlarge preps?
>
>Will their equipment fall off when they raise or lower size?
>If not, could they just quaff a reduce to wear gnome gear,
>then just keep it on until they die/remove it? Or does it
>specifically apply to "natural" size?

I'll likely tie it to their natural size.
272, why not like two handed weapons in one hand?
Too much work or just not interested?
273, Consistency
>Too much work or just not interested?

It's more consistent with how other gear works. Fire Giant only gear doesn't drop off of you when you reduce or enlarge yourself...your still a fire giant.

Basing a piece of gear off size makes more sense that only people of that size can wear it, and regardless if they increase or decrease in size...they can still wear it.
274, makes sense
Not how I was originally thinking about it but makes sense still the way you are describing.
288, To clarify...
I was thinking that weapons/armor don't change size with the character, hence two-handed weapons being wieldable in one hand by giant size and up, but not by human size, regardless of actual race (reduced giant still can't wield in one hand).

The way I saw it, certain gear would be too small to be used by human size and up, but gnome or reduce gnome size would be fine and same in reverse for giant+ gear. Armor doesn't change size, but is too big/small to be used by certain sizes. Your way makes sense too, I'm just clarifying what I was imagining for no real reason.