Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectAarn's thoughts for today, -OR- Characters That Lead
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9849&mesg_id=9849
9849, Aarn's thoughts for today, -OR- Characters That Lead
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is really just something I've been observing lately, and is just posted for conversational purposes.

Some characters/players just have the ability to lead. If they're on, I would put my money on their side winning without hesitation at up to three-to-one odds. If they're not on, no matter how many other people are on for their side or cabal, I wouldn't usually give them more then even money. (Note, this equation ignores the existance of crazy solo killers with the innate ability to just wipe the floor with their enemies while wearing two balator practice weapons, a ratskin cloak and a opal ring, ala Amora/Istendil/Zorszual/Gareth type characters, since those are few and far between.) I'm talking about the characters that can take one or two allies of moderate skill, and just by their direction those three can clean out a dozen enemies without dying, or even being close. Where afterwords, the victims are left going "What the hell happened? God, we all suck!" - because the number crunching says they probably should have won easily. Occasionally those sorts of leaders will be pitted against each other, which makes for lots of fun.

My question is, does anyone KNOW that they're one of those players, or know that they have played one of those characters? (I don't think it's necessarly 100% thing, it takes the right combo of player AND character). Has anyone felt like they played a character like that, but can't duplicate it again? Have any of you been around one of those characters, either on your side or against you, and known it? I think it's much easier to observe these things from the imm standpoint, so I was curious what the rest of you saw. I think there are two of these characters alive on CF at this moment, possibly a third slightly lesser one. Who have you guys seen in the past that you think was this sort of character?

Anyway, just curious.

Aarn