Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectVisible Imms.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=8837
8837, Visible Imms.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know you all like to remain unseen for the most part, but with the declining numbers, I think it might benefit the game if you weren't so secretive.

What good are all the cool elements of the game when folks are leaving?

I look at the wizlist and see all those Immortals listing, and think? Who are these people?

I realize there is some doubling and trebling up there but still...

Guerric? Seobok anyone? I haven't seen this guy in at least 4 years but I'm told he's still playing.

Anyway I don't feel like develping this anyfurther, I'll see if it generates any interest.
8838, A different idea
Posted by Wilhath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CF has lost a lot of great players to immortaldom. I know many of them would like to continue playing mortals once they imm, but feel obligated instead to put time into their immortals be it area writing, debugging, coding, cheater-busting, and what have you. I would discontinue raising new immortals and I would urge current immortals who are not actively involved in massive projects to start playing mortals more often. There are some more drastic steps (ie closing down imm accounts entirely) that might be considered as well, but maybe we're not to that point yet.
8840, I have often thought the same
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems to me we lose a lot of decent players to "immortal-dom".

There is still stuff I'd like to do if I was ever an imm, but I kind of feel that players, not more imms, are needed right now.