Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectKeys
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=74301
74301, Keys
Posted by Exploration Question on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If a key is requested from a mob, will it ever come back or do you have to wait until a reboot (or someone else kills it)?
74302, Depends
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For most areas, you have to wait for a reboot or for the mob to die. There are a few that will come back on their own though.

Pro tip: Check any pits nearby (Wood-elf hometowns are pretty commonly used). A lot of players like to drop keys in pits so they can re-use them later, since pits survive past reboots.
74304, Near 20yr old change
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=3&topic_id=436&mesg_id=436&listing_type=search

Requested items SHOULD come back, it just takes a reasonably long time.
74305, Not sure that works..
At least, not sure it works for non-worn keys.

Area I'm thinking of is an area explore that has, well, a LOT of keys. Those keys seem to be out for a very long time, while other areas with worn keys (ie, Eil Shaeria) they do definitely repop eventually
74306, RE: Near 20yr old change
Posted by Original Poster on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, Java is right, it's not working this way - keys are not coming back to mobs who normally have the key in inventory. Checked several times over hours and then days.
74307, RE: Near 20yr old change
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was certainly this way in Elven Vaults, keys never repop on NPCs that I ever recall. But then, I think maybe it does work in Organia, so it seems to vary by area and maybe authors had a degree of control over it.

Since there is a system wide reboot ever 48 hours (or is it 49), I wonder what the intended key repop timer is supposed to be. RL hours I assume.
74309, Organia key is worn
Or held, at least. Can't remember which.
74314, Will make an inquiry.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did have something of a suspicion that it was possible there's a difference in worn vs. inventory. There should be no difference between areas that I'm aware of.

I will at least bring it up, but whether it's major enough to be a high priority (if there even is a discrepancy) I can't say.