Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectbut you said you weren't Gnosh
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739&mesg_id=745
745, but you said you weren't Gnosh
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anyway, that aside.

Orcs are fine. They aren't built to go toe to toe with some classes, that's all.

People gear them for damage, so necros and ap's can sleep them easily, but that isn't an orc deficiency.

When I last played an orc, the only class I had trouble fighting in the levels you are talking about, besides paladins was warriors. But even they weren't too much of a danger. If I didn't want to fight them, I moved away. If they were wounded or fighting a mob, I finished them off if I could.

Orcs have big advantages too. Forced march and elfskins means that provided they can see they are pretty much safe from the worst effects of plague. They are quite safe from thieves, on account of their size and their ability to ingest. If you see a thief, you can usually bash them to death. Most mages you can bash to death. Druids and shaman you headbutt instead.

There is a log on Dio's of an orc going up against a group of warrior, invoker and bard who were ranking on trolls, and therefore of around the level you mean. He ended up killing the invoker and getting away.