Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectGains while shifted
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73860
73860, Gains while shifted
Posted by Shifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Today we had a nice talk in the newbie chat, and I've been asked to create a thread here. So there we go!

After reading helpfiles, we have figured that +WIS/+CON/+INT equipment doesn't help you to increase your gains - only your NATURAL stats are counted. So, you still have to REVERT if you are covering your stats with eq.

I'm not saying it's a good/bad thing, but I think it would be right to add this information into helpfile (help gains, help leveling, help shapeshift or whatever - sorry, can't recall the helpfile name and from mobile I can't log anything at all).

I, as a serial shifter player in past, would love to see a change that stats from the eq would still work while shifted - personally, it would save me a lot of times from saying "f*k, I didn't revert again". But maybe it adds some fun and randomness to the game (and definitely not for me) :)

Thanks for reading, see you in the game - if you'll see a swearing shifter who forgot to revert (again), that's probably me. :)
73862, RE: Gains while shifted
Posted by Nalasul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>After reading helpfiles, we have figured that +WIS/+CON/+INT
>equipment doesn't help you to increase your gains - only your
>NATURAL stats are counted. So, you still have to REVERT if you
>are covering your stats with eq.

I'll chime in since I was the one speaking on the newbie channel. I don't think we decided what you're saying we decided. We sort of left it "undecided", which is why I encouraged you to post here.

The question centered around this snippet from "help WISDOM":

"Note that shapeshifters gain based on their natural un-shifted stats, not the stats of their form"

Basically, in the above, does "natural un-shifted stats" take into account +WIS/+INT/+CON from gear?
73863, 100% nope
Posted by Shifter (that newbie) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've tested - EQ doesn't work when shifted, so NATURAL stats is stats that a nude mage :) would have. Which is yes, a bit unclear from the helpfile.
73865, Help Stats makes it clear
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It talks about natural stats and adjusted ones, with examples.

Seems to show that natural stats are those unaffected by gear.