Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectForum's login session expires too fast
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73832
73832, Forum's login session expires too fast
Posted by clnt2020 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just every time I want to post something, I have to login over and over again. Could you please remove expiration/unlogin? Would make life a lot easier for everyone (especially for the mobile device users).
73845, UPDATE - a quick fix
User profile - settings - such to YES this thing: "Remain logged on when you return to use the forum at a later time?
Select "yes" if you want to be logged on when you return at a later time. This feature will be in effect the next time you login."

Should stop unlogging me. Could be set up by default for new users though (now it's a NO by default).
73846, Nice!
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe I turned that on forever ago and was unaware of it :P
73833, Uh....
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't recall the forums ever having a session timer. I literally have had computers I've not used for 4 months still have me logged in.
73837, *cry*
And I have to login every time I want to post *cry*
73838, It does
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to log in every time also.

Plus, if you are writing a particularly long goodbye or post you better copy it before trying to post because you can get logged out while you are writing it and have to start over, which really sucks, especially if you get distracted in the middle of it.

Edited: somehow my subject changed from “it does” to “they have to do something”. It’s like my forum handle has insanity!
73839, I've never had it happen from a PC at least.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And it's not just an imm-account thing AFAIK.

If we're talking from mobile... Different story and we're well aware this site isn't exactly mobile friendly. :)

-Ish
73842, Reply
Posted by Shandae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to log in every time as well, but it might be because mine is a work computer so IT probably has them set to not keep any cookies or anything.
73843, RE: I've never had it happen from a PC at least.
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never login either. It must be an imm thing.
73844, RE: I've never had it happen from a PC at least.
Thanks, but I'm definitely not an imm, and I'm the least possible person to become one 😁 I have it on mobile and on PC too, I think. There should be a timer somewhere on the forum's settings. By the way, maybe in my own profile, I'll check.