Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRanger available terrains & expertises
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73554
73554, Ranger available terrains & expertises
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looking at the available terrains & expertises for different races, storm giants especially seem way too thematically restricted. In general I think that Forest should basically be a terrain and Survivalist an expertise choice for every race. I.e. less forcing of "common" or "most likely" racial background for rangers, but rather adding more variety/combos to play.

As far as stormies go, besides Forest & Survivalist, adding at least also Marshdweller (keeping with their wet theme) & Explorer seems reasonable (I'm just thinking in terms of expanding their very limited options, not in the skill sets, but I doubt there's an über ranger build in there).
73556, If I recall right..
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When expertise/terrain changes went in, and they opened up a bunch of new races, they justified not giving those races Forester/survivalist because they were not permitted to be rangers previously. And pre-change rangers we're all forester/survivalists.
73558, Correct.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't get me wrong though. I can see the argument about opening up a little bit more for the home terrains or expertise though. Marsh really does make a pretty good fit for a Storm and that's just one example.
73555, i always thought storms should be mountaineer
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but maybe those stormies on Kiadana are all just warriors or something
73557, Aren't they waging war on the Fire Giants?
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They're not on their home terrain, they're invading.
73560, but they done been at it for 10,000 years! nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt