Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIMM Sanctioned/Herald Events
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73530
73530, IMM Sanctioned/Herald Events
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just realized my post probably won't go through on the Events Board.

--

If you automated IMM xp for this stuff I would go.

Sucks when you show up to an event that was blasted by IMMs on social media and website but then there are none there.

Automated IMM xp for scheduled/IMM sanctioned events would make the events more popular and fun for all involved because more players would show up and participate.

Edges still aren't happening and are too restricted even with explore/observation changes.

Flame on.
73532, No.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rewards are typically based on contribution. Just showing up doesn't justify anything. Not all events need IMMXP.

So I'm a passionate 'no' on this one.

-Ish
73537, I agree
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What happened to the concept of merit? Getting stuff for turning up that gives you an advantage over people that couldn't make it?

I really don't like the idea.

Personally I'd turn up to ask these events except I can't make it. It's not a question of whether it makes me stronger.

That said, imm exp is in shorter apply than ever. I rarely make 500 now, let alone the thousands I used to get. In fact, I rarely make 200. But I rp, help newbs, get involved in t the plot movements etc, such as Del's storyline. I was, for example, a fortress member that did see the good in Sel and did fully support him.
73531, The problem with automation
Posted by Blkdrgn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is that, it requires programming and there is a list of things that will receive precedence over automating IMM XP for the events.

On the edges part, I admit I'd like to be able to have more edges, but not as many as there were before, a slight boost might be nice but that's up to the team upstairs :P