Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectGains in form
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73468
73468, Gains in form
Posted by Confused shifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought that you used the better of your unshifted stat and your shifted stat when gaining a level in form.

Then I gained in form, got bad gains, and was told that it was my unadjusted natural stats that are compared with my in form stats. And I normally rely on using clothing to boost con, wis and int. But I resolved to gain out of form from this point onwards.

Then I got a form with 24 con, and my natural wis was now 18 without modifiers, so I gained in form expecting three practices from my natural stat, and great HP from my form's 24 con. But I had really poor hp gains.

Can someone enlighten me please?
73470, RE: Gains in form
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
See Ish's post. I always max con and wis as a shifter for the many, many times I forget to revert when I'm about to rank. When I do manage to revert to rank, I inevitably get a groupmate who tries to tell me that I don't have to anymore and there's really no way IC I can argue with them, so I just tell them to mind their business.
73471, Why would you say 'See Ish's post' if...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..you are saying he is wrong about not reverting while ranking? If you're the dumbass that keeps reverting to rank just stop, you are wasting everyone's time.
73472, Maybe it's because
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ish said "natural unshifted stats".

So if that's true and you don't have stats maxed you might want to revert to gain from your gear improved stats instead.

Only played one shifter so I don't really know, I didn't even notice vulture had carrionfeed for like 200 hours.
73473, I'm not saying she's wrong at all
She's right. Maybe you didn't understand what the help file said. It specifies CON, but it's true for other stats as well.

You gain based on your natural unshifted stats. If your stats are not naturally maxed and you are wearing gear to boost them to max, then you should revert before you level. If you do not, you get no bonuses from stat gear.

So, if I have a natural 17 wis (19 with gear), I'm not going to eat the 2 pracs because I don't want to offend your timetable. I'm reverting to get 3 pracs.
73474, But they made it so gear boost converts into forms.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its why lots of shifters gear for strength now.
73475, RE: But they made it so gear boost converts into forms.
Gear boosts do carry over into form. So, as a owl, I might have the following:

Str : 16(16+6) Int : 17(17+6) Wis : 19(19+9)
Dex : 23(23+6) Con : 18(18+5) Chr : 20(20+6)

But if my natural wis is 17, I still get 2 pracs if I level in form because that particular calculation does not take into account gear bonuses.
73476, RE: But they made it so gear boost converts into forms.
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gear boosts for levelling don't carry into form.
73469, Help Constitution
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You gain based on your natural un-shifted stats, not your forms. Doesn't matter if your form has 25 or 3 con.

Fully ignore your form stats and it'll make more sense.

CONSTITUTION
Constitution: Affects how much health you gain when you level, how quickly you
regenerate it after being injured, and your resistance to
certain maledictions. Having the strongest constitution you can
achieve early on will help you throughout your life. Again,
shapeshifters gain based on their natural un-shifted stats, not
the constitution of their form. For more information on Con,
see HELP DEATH.