Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectAny one else notice...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73395
73395, Any one else notice...
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sometimes when I'm fighting with a weapon that exploits a mobs racial vuln, it seems like I'm not getting as much of a damage bonus as I used to. Also, some hits don't seem to get any bonus. I haven't compiled data, but if others experience similar, I'll look deeper into it.
73398, RE: Any one else notice...
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always chalked that up to it being a low average weapon, so the bonus was not actually that big. And I always wondered if all vulns are equal, like is elf to iron the same as duerg to whitesteel is the same as arial to water. I figure they can't be just cause halfies I feel like the vulns are not as glaring damage wise. Sometimes it feels like iron on elf is like 1.5X, where as othertimes I also feel like the vulns are negligible. I'm also unclear on if all undead NPCs are vuln silver, or just some, since that one I see the most variation with undeads on.

I'm not sure if the vuln bonus applies at the end of the calc, or the beginning though. Then again, I've never been all that clear on it, but I always thought damage was
(damage dice roll*vuln modifier*enhanced damage modifier) + dam roll bonus.

So dam roll is not increased by enhanced or exploiting vulns, it just adds X damage to the strike on a consistent basis. But a high avg damage weapon will get more of a boost from vulns and enhanced. I recall Daev saying something to the effect of an average 27 weapon is always a better choice than an average 18 weapon with vulns, all other things being equal.

I tested the two handed white steel blade from Voralian, which I think was average 18. I would divine bless it as a pally to make it holy damage, and it hit duergs extremely hard for what was in essence a crappy weapon, but ultimately I did not find the damage differed much from other avg 24 holy weapons.

73396, No idea.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't say I've noticed anything, but I haven't tried looking for it. And I'm not familiar with the deets to help :(.

But if you find something out, feel free to hit us up!

:)

-Ish