Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Some thief tweaking ideas in bullet form.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73346&mesg_id=73384
73384, RE: Some thief tweaking ideas in bullet form.
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
5) Return Advanced Lockpick to it's original glory

Correct, the locks were buffed. But, the end result is the same. I suggest debuffing them.

7) (Pick Pocket) Replace warning skill with payment of the coward from Thug path

Because warning skill with deft touch makes low-risk stealing into no-risk stealing. When I played a shifter, when there was a thief on I didn't ally with, I would not be out of form in Galadon for a second. One time I was lured in by someone asking for help. Out of form for less than a tick and lost:
Staff of Wonders
Emerald Periapt
Sapphire Periapt
Notes of the Master
And a couple other items if memory serves. Never even stepped out of the shadows. Payment of the coward seems more pick-pockety than thuggy and compensates for loss of warning skill.

9) Remove the ability for mobs and PCs to be jarred awake when unconscious and being robbed (I fail more this way than just stealing while they're awake)

I always perfect steal. I fail much less often stealing from the same mob if they are awake than if they are unconscious. I suspect that the code has a base chance that they will wake if robbed while unconscious and it is HIGHER than the failure rate of steal when they are awake (and the sleep code is bypassed). If so, that makes no sense.