Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectA bad idea for review
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73283
73283, A bad idea for review
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Remove mob exp loss. Optionally, only remove if there are < 5 people in your group range.

One thing that keeps me from rolling a character is that I get too bored with safe solo ranking, and end up taking risks and dying. If this happens twice in the same level I inevitably will delete. This may be a personal flaw of mine, but I've never felt that exp loss truly adds to the game. With a high player-base it doesn't matter too much because you can reliably power-rank the pain away in a group, but at the current level, the penalty for taking any risk is too high.
73284, Meh.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not a fan for a few reasons.

I don't think ranking needs to be made less risky.
If this happened, I'd want to increase con-loss to mob-deaths so that there's even more punishment for throwing yourself at a mob over and over.

Risk has rewards and, well, risks. I don't think the current loss is too much of a penalty.

This is just my opinion, not speaking for the rest of the staff who can post their own thoughts :).

-Ish

Edited to add: Something I would mind LESS is further incentive to group, compared to this.
73285, Fair
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't have a good solution. Group ranking and gear gathering need some kind of drawback to mob death, but solo ranking safely is so tedious and the reward for taking risks is very minimal, so it seems unbalanced.

That said, why do we only punish sub-hero characters this way? One of the reasons I always rank to hero as fast as possible is because I want to be able to explore and generally mess around without the pain of exp loss.
73286, I'd be fine with it if mob or pk death reduced your level by one.
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Down to 47, then it stops.
73287, You're cruel.
You definitely belong here ;).

-Ish
73297, RE: You're cruel.
Posted by enyuu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
now that im a bit older I dont want to work too hard for my fun. XP loss and a ton of other features in CF has kept me from playing over the years. I do have a character up and running right now though! Dayumn am I rusty.
73298, RE: You're cruel.
A rusty blade will give your enemies some well deserved infections :).

And for fun, I always personally think of it as:

73299, This is spot on
Posted by enyuu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You guys are nuts. Enjoy using my poor entrails to pad you PK counts ;p