Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectlong time locked doors
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=73258
73258, long time locked doors
Posted by Curious_Explorer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am curious for years over several explorers there are few locked doors/chests that afaik no one has ever opened. I am wondering if there are actual keys for them or there are bugs in the system?

In forgotten crypts...

Massive Doors on first sublevel
Locked crypt

In mansion of twilight...

Two doors in hallway when first you enter
Locked crate by commander

I am just wondering if these are all able to be unlocked?
73274, I'm by no means an explore guy but I'm pretty sure I've opened all of these. Stay vigilant bud. nt
Posted by TheBluestThumb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
f
73259, RE: long time locked doors
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes = Can be opened. Doesn't always mean with a key, but can be.
No = Can't be opened.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

I hope that helps :).

-Ish
73260, you don't have to be thief and pick them do you? nt
Posted by Curious_Explorer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
73261, He already pretty much gave you the answers you wanted.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can get into them. That's more spoon than other people give.

Remember this though as an example. In the Violet Forest there are a lot of gears at work because I'm pretty sure gnomes are involved. You have to use a lever in one room to have a ladder fall so you can go up. You have to use a lever in a different room to open that door.

Not all doors require keys or can even be opened with open command.

I did the best I could to answer this from my old dell computer with keys that sometimes don't register, because its an old computer that I sent this message from.
73262, You should have said something sooner
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd have been less critical of you avoiding fights without backup, and leaving your groupmates to die, if I'd known your pk limitations were hardware related.
73263, Unfortunately...
The one fight you frequently reference was from 2007 when I had an even OLDER computer and keyboard setup. My suggestion would be send a really weird email to the current IMP staff to complain about it and make sure you mention that you play CF from a cell phone so that they will retroactively take away the piece of gear from that character that made him teleport out of that fight instead of dying to you.

Sent from my iPod (pooping).
73264, Gear didn't make you flee chessmasters
And gear didn't make you fail to attempt retrieval when an invoker refused to shield you for the attempt.

It's ok though. The keyboard is a good enough reason.
73265, Stahp.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shame on you two, this thread is about OPENING doors (and chests), not closing them on someone else!

<3

-Ish
73267, He started it.
And I am pretty sure he plays cf from a cell phone.
73266, RE: Fluffle
Your whole bitchy character assassinate log/comment fest at the time was that a Paladin should not be able to wear a piece of gear that teleports then when they are wounded. Your log was of me being teleported out of chess masters while my newb group mates stayed to die after I already told them to be ready to flee. Do you keep logs on your cell phone by chance?

Also omg how are you still upset I didn’t want to go die to you with my 700 hp Paladin and let a low or retrieve instead 12 years later?

I am sendin this from my iPod while sitting at my computer playing Hearthstone instead of CF because my daughter has to go to gymnastics not because I am avoiding logging in out of fear that my character might die to you.
73268, You should both upgrade from your commodore64s. (n/t)
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have sent this earlier but I had to charge my phone.
73269, Actually my post had nothing to do with your gear
I posted a log of me defeating a large group that included the strongest of my enemies (you).

Others objected to you wearing the gear that removed you from combat. Not me.

But interesting that both you and Baer jumped to the same conclusion that I was trying to assassinate your character.

The stuff you did that I looked down on was were you actively bailed on allies when not at great risk, or didn't try to retrieve when not at great risk. The former also featured in a log (because, again, it allowed me to pk against a stronger force) but the latter didn't.
73270, Re-read my post. n/t
gr

Desktop.
73277, Reread the log and thread
You are right that your gear got you out of the fight, but only an idiot could take this log as an assassination attempt. And again, it wasn't me who criticised you using that gear.

It was a good log.

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?18,790364,790364#msg-790364
73278, BUT DID THE DOORS UNLOCK DAURWYN?
Once again you're still pretty obsessed about a very little minor event on a text based RP game that happened 12 years ago. That was my point. It wasn't that great a log. An invoker spammed and died during an unprepared group fight. The only reason you posted it in the first place was to get the discussion about fluffle cloak going.

'it wasn't me who criticised you using that gear'

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
73279, RE: BUT DID THE DOORS UNLOCK DAURWYN?
You, sir, are messed up if you believe it was posted to make you look bad. I'll let others be the judge of which of us is right about that.

And don't be a hypocrite about taking a thread off topic. You were the one that took a potshot at me. Don't blame me for responding to it with a dig at you.