Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectVOTE
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72895&mesg_id=72977
72977, VOTE
Posted by ARegularPlayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A lot of folks seem to be posting some decent ideas, but I recall a time when a voting link was stickied on the un-official sites. Just a thought, I do remember a time where some newbies were wandering in because the community (see: us) were helping in that way. Link is right on the left there, click it :)

The code thing is certainly pretty harsh. But understandable. Maybe some of the old imp-level coder folks could be enticed back? Not sure the backstory there, the alternative seems rather sad (no code changes, no posts on the bug board for the better part of a year, etc). Perhaps something like that, whether it be coder or builder or rp imms being reached out to could invigorate the place.

(---Begin musings and rants below, tldr: nothing new under the sun)

Personally, I'd like to see scion back, I was trying a character right when it closed, was just a miserable time... But I don't see a reasonable storyline segway to making that happen with the current game. Basically there was no other place for a wight to go, and I wanted to try it out, one came as another was leaving. Sad panda. But it's fun anyway. I don't see it happening, obviously. I just like despoil/volley and the secretive evil nature of the cabal. Finishing the Entropy cabal (powers) might get more than 2 people in there, but I honestly thought scarab would be more popular than it is. So what do I know.

So...I guess just the first two things, for suggestions. I can code C/c++, but I just want to play the game not code it, and in case anyone wasn't aware the two are mutually exclusive when you IMM till later on from what I understand. That and I know it's very much a proprietary and guarded thing, even given out in segments I'm sure it would be hard to manage and implement code work. So hard finding good people these days ;)

I'll keep playing pretty much regardless of what happens, I like the game as is, as was, and by the looks of it as it will be. If you're a non-playing lurker who doesn't like the low player numbers, at least vote and tell anyone you're not trying to date about your dirty, filthy text game habit. That and play again. Think of it like putting a few coins in the donation jar rather than sitting besides an empty one playing your sad songs. Let's get this hobo some drinking money, hmm?