Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI know you're doing a lot
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72895&mesg_id=72914
72914, I know you're doing a lot
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I posted my input (that you're not looking for) just before I read this (See "More constructive" post"). But, I know you alone can only do so much. I still play. Probably as much as anyone in the MUD. I can tell you why I've been tempted to stop. Because when you lose me, who is a fanatic with an irrational attachment to the game, there's little hope of getting new players.

1) Number of players. I cannot overstate this. New players log in, see only me online and log out, never to return. You need to do something to make the 100s of old players decide to give it another go before you try to recruit new players.

2) Requirements for things that you have little to no hope of ever accomplishing. This included IMM ex reqs, PK reqs and empowerment. I know you've made non-empowerment an option. No one wants a weaker character. Auto-empower and freely unempower people who do not perform.

I give specific ideas in my other post. There may be a lot of input, some of it will not help. Not all work is worth the effort. The players you haven't heard from may help you determine what will help and what will not.