Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectLast word then I'll stop trying.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72850&mesg_id=72867
72867, Last word then I'll stop trying.
Posted by Saevus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was one of the first players when this game started years ago (literally, I think I was like the 3rd or 4th character created when the game opened). I've had a lot of different characters over the years up to a level 59 immortal back when Thera was still young.

I took a long break from the game and came back recently just to see how things were. And I had enough fun to hero one character, start over with a couple of new ideas and take them up, and then started up Saevus (Latin for wild) with an idea to try a combination I hadn't done.

This was thread was just a comment to let current players know that what happened was enough to ruin my experience for that one character and convince me to take another extended break from the game. As I said, in a world with a lot of options, choosing to spend some of my limited time with people who seem to be intentionally being jerks isn't worthwhile.

I suspect I'm not the only one. That's the only message I was really trying to get across. There's only 5 people on -- why be an asshole to one of them for no discernible role-playing reason? Just because you can? Seems a bit sad.

So long.