Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectFor quasi-transparecny sake
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72754&mesg_id=72798
72798, For quasi-transparecny sake
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just looked into this a little bit and this character has multiple instances of postdeath OOC swearing rants (at least three that I have found documented).

The staff member who handled 99% of the work on these is probably the single softest/most easy going staff member we have so its pretty alarming to me that there was even anything done at all with this.

The call for the punishment was made by another staff member than the one who handled the majority of the direct face time with said player, but based on the repeated occurances of it and the fact that its clear a simple warning was not going to cut it, I think the fact there was a real punishment involved makes sense.

Personally speaking, I think we slightly overpunished the end result while underpunishing the previous instances that apparently just got a "now you stop that" type finger wagging. I think that if a slighty heavier hand earlier on would have been used, it would have stopped the behavior without it getting to the level where a nuke was dropped.