Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectMy two cents
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72754&mesg_id=72772
72772, My two cents
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Here's my view of the situation (just to give you a data point).

Was your behavior inappropriate / inconsistent with CF philosophy? Yes, I think so (and you appear to agree in your own post).

Was the enforcement mechanism appropriate? Probably not. (Note that probably not does not mean "no"... but rather that it was "likely more inappropriate than appropriate". Sorry, lawyer here.) ***It's a thin line between maintaining integrity of the MUD and maintaining a healthy number of players.*** Given that there was no cheating/damage done to the MUD/playerbase (a tree fell in the forest and no one heard the noise), slay/purge seems harsh and it's entirely predictable that such punishment would chase off a player.

Having said that, the above only applies if the administration shares my conclusion that the MUD population is unhealthily low. If not, purge/slay in this case (where there is a clear behavioral violation) could even seem like a mild correction.

I hope you come back. For what it's worth I thought your character was a SUPERBLY RP'ed drow. I'll post it in my own goodbyes once the thread pops up on Battlefield.