Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDon't post goodbyes on Gameplay, and don't post goodbyes for denied characters anywhere here. (nt)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72668
72668, Don't post goodbyes on Gameplay, and don't post goodbyes for denied characters anywhere here. (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asd
72681, Good job cracking down on perma's. I liked Saelriza, but it's for the best.
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sure if the hammer was dropped there must have been good evidence.

I'm not sure about the forum drama. But I'm glad something is being done about the perma situation in the fields. It was getting bad again.

Keep up the good work!
72673, I'll echo everyone else..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unless a denied player is banned for life from the game, I don't know why you'd forbid them from talking about their character, or other characters they interacted with. Hell, even players that have been perma-banned are still allowed to post on the forums.

What is so offensive about a denied character making a (extremely class) post about other characters and Imms, telling them thank you for the positive experience?

I would get it if it was a rant about unfair Imms or baseless bitching (although that is often allowed to remain), but Saelriza's post was about as reasonable as it gets.

If you moved it to Battlefield, I'd understand it. But nuking it outright seems pretty petty and unnecessary.
72680, Welcome to Umiron fields
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
petty is the name of the game
72683, Cosign. nt
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
arctang
72672, Need I say anything more?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:+
72671, Wow, I'm surprised by this...
Posted by Tronimal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The players post was totally classy, deserved, and.. I'm kinda shocked they were accused of permaing. Considering they logged in as the lone imperial hero against AWFUL odds, for at LEAST a month.. This was actually a character I had immense respect for in game, classy, willing to fight against the odds, and capable. Never once got ganged down by this character, or even really saw them log in with help of any kind... but... I suppose you guys have access to some knowledge we don't. Although, this kind of heavy handed enforcement seems detrimental to retaining players who (from what I saw) were generally good for the game.
72669, It's ok to be a hardass.
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The OP didn't even bring up the denial beyond saying that's why they're gone and I saw nothing in the post detrimental to anyone. Their character is already nuked and gone so what does this help?
72670, The power is hungry, it must destroy or it will go rampant! n/t
Posted by Blkdrgn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t